Forums Latest Members
  1. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 10, 2019

Your not a real car person until Carrol sued you. ;)

Swissmister likes this.
  2. Flintlock Jun 11, 2019

I didn't say anything about feelings, just stated some facts. There are drivers of said car that don't even know what it is. Yes, Carroll Shelby is a legend as a business man and a race driver. The Mustang modification was no more than many other specialty speed shops offered and less than many. Just doing a blueprinting and upgrading other components on a Mustang does not rate a renaming. The 289 in the AC was done real well, as I attested in my earlier post. The 428 big block was too heavy and caused under steer. Putting a big engine in a little Brit sports car is not necessarily "better," just different.

I have no grudge against Mr. Shelby. It is a fact that you can meet "Cobra" drivers who don't even know the story. I assume most here didn't know so the post had merit. The part about the petition is kind of snarky, I'll let it pass.

Edited Jun 11, 2019
  3. Swissmister Jun 11, 2019

You're right. :):):):):):):) It's a gorgeous day here. Enjoy.:):):):):):):)

(I was probably 40 yrs old before I fully understood that life is far too short to engage with this sort. It's an invaluable lesson for all.)

Note the Shelby Cobra below just sold in January for 2,974,500 usd. Also note the signature on the glove box.
    shelby-cobra-427-is-up-for-sale_100638125.jpg 350.jpg gt500.jpg

Edited Jun 11, 2019
  4. gostang9 Jun 11, 2019

WIWIWDT? The Trackhawk I bought only a week ago... it isn't refined and prestigious like the many other vehicles in this thread. It's not even the same level of "aspirational" vehicle, but it is exactly what I want to be driving!

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk - front corner 2.jpg

Foo2rama likes this.
  5. Flintlock Jun 11, 2019

Here is an AC Bristol Roadster. It's beautiful isn't it? The Brits made some real beauties. What if I put in a 426 Hemi? Can I put my name on the glove box? ACE_2.jpg

6. MRC Jun 11, 2019

Foo2rama and Swissmister like this.