Will this Ed White Sell?

Of course it will sell, there’s a fool born every minute. I don’t personally find it attractive or worst yet, salvageable. There is nothing endearing about the watch or any parts that stand out for use on other projects with possible exception of the movement. But even at that, I wouldn’t sink this much cash on a parts watch. Lastly, with the market correction many quality watches in this price range offer greater value.

Like 1
Of course it will sell, there’s a fool born every minute. I don’t personally find it attractive or worst yet, salvageable. There is nothing endearing about the watch or any parts that stand out for use on other projects with possible exception of the movement. But even at that, I wouldn’t sink this much cash on a parts watch. Lastly, with the market correction many quality watches in this price range offer greater value.

Good points, all. I would be tempted, that not withstanding, to consider jumping in were it at 6-7, as a project watch and a beater to wear with impunity.

I get the rationale for using a new watch and not worrying about damage. And of course a vintage beater is just that. But if you have a minty vintage watch, knocking it about and potentially devaluing it just doesn’t sit well with me.