Forums Latest Members
  1. M'Bob Aug 10, 2015

Very recently, the vintage Rolex world lost a valued member and expert, Marcello Pisani. There were over 150 condolences and remembrances after his passing. While he was certainly appreciated while he was alive, I am certain he would have been shocked to see how many people deeply cared about him.

So why wait? Is there someone you want to give a shout-out to who has helped you in your watch collecting, made the hobby more enjoyable, or has become a good friend? Let them know.

For me:

Thanks to Al, aka Archer, who has done so much for so many people in Omega collecting with his generosity, expertise, and skill sharing. I am not being hyperbolic when I say he is irreplaceable, and his contributions to our collective enjoyment is immeasurable.

Thanks to Mike, aka MSNWatch, for always being fair and a total gentleman in every dealing I've had with him.

Thanks to William from Speedmaster 101, for all his hard work and efforts. He has elevated the discourse of Speedmaster collecting significantly.

And thanks to Maurice, aka Watchtinker, for his insights that are always much appreciated.

M'Bob

Edited Aug 11, 2015
    Mad Dog and oddboy like this.
  2. Willem023 Aug 11, 2015

Good one! I would also like to add

Thanks to Desmond aka Mondodec, for his really enormous knowledge and willingness to share in his very accessible blog. Desmond even took the trouble and time some years ago to give advice to a newbie and complete stranger ('me'), igniting the spark of getting interested in Omega watches. Very much appreciated.

boat2dan, M'Bob and styggpyggeno1 like this.
  3. M'Bob Aug 11, 2015

Excellent, How on earth could I have forgotten Desmond? Doing a post late at night, that's how. Still, no excuse - he is a prince.

boat2dan likes this.
  4. sliceoftime_ Aug 11, 2015

I second this. I have asked a number of people for help, and honestly everyone was informative and helpful.

Looking forward to get to know more members and learn more.