Forums Latest Members

Why is this member being strange ?? And lying ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Engee Aug 1, 2020

Fine, so my point is that all food is a matter of taste. Claiming that it’s possible to improve a dish by introducing other ingredients is a bit silly. You can change a dish, but you’d be hard-pressed to claim that America has improved anything by way of ethnic dishes.

2. MRC Aug 1, 2020

What surprises me is the garlic. Not as much used in the USA as it should be. YMMV :whistling:

Shabbaz likes this.
  3. SkunkPrince Aug 1, 2020

Well, see, what you might call an "ethnic dish" was, very often, invented in the US by immigrants, sure, but using US ingredients to feed Americans. I doubt, for example, you'd find a hearty ground-beef pasts sauce with Burgundy wine in Italy. You sure as hell won't find a Chicago-style deep dish pizza, either... because Italians wouldn't call it "pizza" to begin with. There are other examples.

What is called Italian cuisine for example, in Great Britain, is mostly American in origin and came with Americans during WWII.

I won't respond to more comments, just so you know. I don't want to work that hard because, again, it was a throw-away comment that 300 million people from a vast country that varies a lot in what will grow and then add in what we import, and a lot of (name an ethnicity) "inspired" is a lot more common than authentic just like the old country recipes. Besides, there is mechanical reefrigeration now. Food is cured or smoked or pickled because we can, not because we must.

Already put a lot more time into this than I planned to.

4. Zapatta Aug 1, 2020

I’m new here so my voice doesn’t have too much significance, but any lies and deceptions should not be tolerated no matter how small. Who guarantees that such a person will not try to deceive someone on the forum today or tomorrow. How can you trust such a person for anything he writes from now on?

Btw this is me happy to have sold the LE in 7 minutes::bleh::

54d1edf22f06c_-_esq-benjamin-clymer-how-i-dress-now-2013-5y3vjh-xl.jpg
  5. M'Bob Aug 1, 2020

Tell you what: why don’t we let the person respond, and reserve judgment whether you can ever trust them again. after that occurs.

6. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Aug 1, 2020

Unfortunately I don't think that's going to happen. He must be feeling pretty stupid right now, and hopefully a little bit wiser.

Dero13, mayankyadav, MRC and 4 others like this.
  7. JwRosenthal Aug 1, 2020

I see they only showed you mid-up because they didn’t want to spoil your next LE upon which you were sitting.
    70F7498C-6E7E-4F4A-83C4-11E484BB6329.jpeg

Zapatta likes this.
  8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 1, 2020

Interesting thread - I had seen that he had been called out in the pets thread (he just ignored it there like he is here I guess - hasn't posted in that thread since), but didn't realize the deceptions went beyond that. Takes all kinds I guess. Does make you wonder if he would be someone to trust in any sort of transaction.

On another forum I was a member of years ago, one of the moderators was doing this same thing. He would post stories that he claimed he had published, photoshop watches onto pictures of his own wrist (I recall one where if you zoomed in, the lug was buried 1/2 into his wrist bone), and even claimed to have all these amazing Bonsai plants that when you did a reverse image search on, were clearly from all kinds of different places. Few people were discussing this off line, and one decided to contact the rest of the mods over it. He was told that not only would nothing be done, but if he posted about it in the open forum, he and everyone who had been discussing it would be banned...::confused2::

9. Zapatta Aug 1, 2020

No more LE for you!!!!

redzer007 and JwRosenthal like this.
  10. padders Oooo subtitles! Aug 1, 2020

Other forum uhuh? So was it Ash, Steve, Daz, Bill, Trev, John, Paul, George or Ringo* who is the Walter?

*apologies to the genuine mods whose names I have overlooked.

11. airansun In the shuffling madness Aug 1, 2020

I suspect that there are others who aren’t sticking to posting their own watches in WRUW, given the nature of their photos, but I haven’t made a study of it.

Isn’t that the beauty of the on-line world? You can pretend to be whoever you want to be, right?

12. buramu Aug 1, 2020

reminds me of this classic story...

“Man threatens to sue magazine for using his photo in article about hipsters looking alike, before realising it isn't him”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...o-lawsuit-mit-technology-review-a8813941.html

:D

janice&fred, Wivac, DaveK and 2 others like this.
  13. M'Bob Aug 1, 2020

You will likely end up being right, but that’s not the point.

I’ve witnessed people in some pretty damning circumstances, only to be exonerated once their story was heard. So, if he gives a bullshit excuse, or none at all, then I’m in complete agreement. But it never hurts to give someone the benefit of the doubt, and wait a bit to pass judgment.

blufinz52 likes this.
  14. ChiefMark Aug 1, 2020

We should expect 100% honesty on the interweb. Everything here should be factual and not at all exaggerated or fabricated.
    Here’s a picture of my wife and I with our grandchild. Sorry about the smoking, I just can’t seem to quit.

6B8BD8BA-ED2C-468F-9588-1E559B223FAE.jpeg

scjt, Duracuir1 and janice&fred like this.
  15. airansun In the shuffling madness Aug 1, 2020

I’d normally agree, but I think it depends on how serious a dishonesty you think he has engaged in.

If posting photos and stories falsely is a minor, trivial dishonesty, then yes, let’s hear from him before reaching any conclusion.

But, if you view these postings as more of repeated violations of trust, I think you have more than enough evidence to reach at least some conclusions about him.

16. M'Bob Aug 1, 2020

Fair enough.

airansun likes this.
  17. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Aug 1, 2020

It seems this has turned into an introduction thread. Here I am with my friend and LE Speedy.
    7D371D9B-9526-4CC1-A480-BAB078C4CAB1.jpeg

ChiefMark likes this.
  18. BrianPankow Aug 1, 2020

I think everyone’s been in quarantine a little too long.

19. M'Bob Aug 1, 2020

One of which being, “they’re real!”?

blufinz52, JwRosenthal and padders like this.
  20. mayankyadav Aug 1, 2020

That is not beauty that's actually very dangerous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.