Forums Latest Members

Why is this member being strange ?? And lying ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janice&fred Aug 1, 2020

Why stop there? The guy could be lying about his whereabouts and in fact was picking up hitchhikers and burying them in his back yard. At the very least he could be posing as a watch enthusiast but secretly plotting to hack and take over the forum.

Or...more likely he is just a harmless attention-seeker like the lion share of Instagram and facebook posers. However he does provide a good target for the self-righteous so even if the guy might be suffering from some mental malady he is a deserving whipping post.

2. Walrus Aug 1, 2020

I still support @killer67 the hedgehog was cool whoever owned it sometimes it’s acceptable to live vicariously through others

DaveK, Duracuir1 and janice&fred like this.
  3. padders Oooo subtitles! Aug 1, 2020

I've said my piece, if you want to give him hugs and cuddles then that is all good too.

Edited Aug 1, 2020
    Duracuir1 likes this.
  4. AveConscientia Aug 1, 2020

B7C47CD4-B854-488D-A2FD-4FC3AB58E49F.jpeg
    Reverse image search on “his” 1988-1990 Landcruiser?

5. janice&fred Aug 1, 2020

Speaking about image searches, one of our friends found a pic of some guy lying in a gutter obviously drunk, and he is the spitting image of me. So much so that everyone that seen the pic was convinced it was me. People swore it was me. Was a great prank and our pal had a ball with it shaming me (much to my delight as I love attention). Turns out it's a pic of some guy I think from France and from some stock photos of various people/themes.

drunktwin.jpg

Dedalus05, DaveK, Duracuir1 and 2 others like this.
  6. vitriol Aug 1, 2020

Do Vegemite and the Marmite taste the same?

7. Martin_J_N Aug 1, 2020

Lovely boat, hope you don’t bump into anything whilst you are out and about on the high seas. :)

Duracuir1 and ChiefMark like this.
  8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 1, 2020

Marmite is sweeter than vegemite and a lot more syrupy. Very similar though.

We have what’s called a Cheeseymite scroll in Australia that are beaut with a coffee or a nice lunch snack.

0D5340D3-05BA-44E8-8932-93322A4BB799.jpeg
    Not my picture ( stolen from google )

Duracuir1 and JwRosenthal like this.
  9. Wivac Terribly special Aug 1, 2020

I've enjoyed this thread immensely.
    The-spanish-inquisition.jpg

10. Walrus Aug 1, 2020

There are plenty of times I was in a similar situation back in the day. Looks like this gentleman preferred wine. Why? It takes far too long to reach the proper intoxication level. If you are going to do the job you need proper tools

JwRosenthal and janice&fred like this.
  11. OmegaP99 Aug 1, 2020

Hmmmm, we're gonna need a DNA swab to clear this up.

12. janice&fred Aug 1, 2020

Yea well keeping with the theme of this thread and with my luck the guy is some frog actor and the picture was staged. :D

Walrus likes this.
  13. SkunkPrince Aug 1, 2020

Ingredients that grow here that don't grow anywhere else being added. Fusion cuisine. New ways of cooking.

You don't have to make a big deal of it.

janice&fred likes this.
  14. MRC Aug 1, 2020

A very dry martini or breathing brandy fumes on an empty stomach. So my dad told me. I have studiously avoided either and stuck to wine.

Except after meeting particularly troublesome customers or a long day on an exhibition stand.

Walrus likes this.
  15. Shabbaz Aug 1, 2020

I admit. It's me. I drank a bit to much. I've got sidetracked during holiday. It's because I miss my dog.

Screenshot_20200801-192247_Gallery.jpg
    apsm100 and janice&fred like this.
  16. Walrus Aug 1, 2020

Good on you. I don’t recommend living the gutter lifestyle just saying I went well overboard many moons ago. These days I might have a Guinness on st Patrick’s day. I was actually happy to hear Budweiser is putting out a new beer with 0 alcohol that is actually supposed to taste very much like real beer. If my comrades want to meet up at the bar I’ll have something a little different to order than asking for a Shirley temple which brings me scorn at certain places

17. Engee Aug 1, 2020

Not trying to make a big deal of it, just trying to understand you. You said that it was a question of American diversity that improved ethnic food, now you’re saying it’s ingredients that only grow in America that make American versions of ethnic dishes better. I think I need some examples because being a Brit I don’t really know what you’re talking about.

Here we are famous for a dish available in Indian restaurants called chicken tikka masala. It was invested by Bengali chefs here and is unknown in the Indian subcontinent. It’s so popular that it’s arguably our national dish, but I wouldn’t say it’s better than authentic Indian dishes, it’s just different. My invitation to you is to specify a dish, imported into America by immigrants, that is improved by the introduction of American ingredients.

18. SkunkPrince Aug 1, 2020

Nah. It was a throwaway comment that meant that there are lots of different people here and they think up things that might not be thought of otherwise. I'm not going to start inspecting national cuisines and reviewing recipes. You can do that if you want, or not, don't really care.

I will point out that maize and tomatoes were unknown in Europe before they were brought back by explorers.

janice&fred and ConElPueblo like this.
  19. MRC Aug 1, 2020

I've tried many of the zero or low-alc beers available in the UK and they're almost entirely unlike beer, more like root beer. OTOH the supermarket chain Waitrose does a 0.5% cider (that's a "hard cider") that really does taste like a reasonable cider.

Apparently Shirley Temple didn't like the drink "too sweet". However if your "friends" who scorn a Shirley Temple see the Bud 0% label they'll just be the same jerks :(

JwRosenthal and Walrus like this.
  20. Shabbaz Aug 1, 2020

The new york hot dog with the spicy brown (american) mustard...:D

janice&fred, JwRosenthal and Engee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.