Forums Latest Members

Why doesn’t the 300M rubber strap fit the No Time To Die?

1. bruin20 Dec 16, 2020

I ordered a bond today and should have it shortly. While I’m getting it on the mesh bracelet I’d like to fit the standard 300m black rubber strap to it as well.

Does anyone know what specifically is the reason for why it can’t just be done? Curved spring bars a possible solution? I’ll be the first to admit I’ve taken sand paper to a rubber strap to make it work.

2. maskwp Dec 16, 2020

I think it won't work, the case is a bit thinner afaik. Even if you could make it fit, the result might not be satisfying. I recently saw the "NTTD" diver on a Tropic rubber strap - that combo looked quite nice as I think the overall aesthetic of the rather vintage looking Tropic straps fit the latest Bond watch better than the strap of the regular Diver 300M collection.

10mmauto likes this.
  3. aleksejeremeev Dec 16, 2020

Perhaps it is the length of the spring bars (Hairpin). On my watch Breitling , bracelet pins and strap pins are of different lengths.

4. bruin20 Dec 17, 2020

Do you have the pictures of this? Can’t say I’ve seen the combo.

5. Alfista88 Dec 18, 2020

NTTD on tropic is a very intriguing idea. Can't wait to see fellow OF'ers try this, and share the results.

Bruin, I applaud your willingness to give that experiment a go, even if it means having to sand down the OEM Diver 300 rubber strap. Once more NTTD Seamasters are around, I wonder if folks may share the position of the lug holes, so you can get a sense of how much material you'll need to shave off.

If the spring bar opening is also relative low on that OEM rubber strap, I'd be hesitant to try it out of fear that it'll compromise its structural integrity after it's sanded down too thin.

Seamasters aren't priced like 2531 and 2254's used to be... I remember getting my 1st Seamaster for around $1,100 USD in the late 2000's. With the Titanium NTTD Diver priced at almost 10x what these tool watches used to sell for 15 years ago, I'd be too worried to try any customization that could potentially risk losing the watch while wearing it.

6. 10mmauto Dec 18, 2020

NTTD on tropic and on Zealande (which is not a good fit.) And a lume shot, because that never gets old! NTTD flag.JPG NTTD Pelagos.JPG Bezel lume.JPG

McBeardy, Manny1979, gippo and 5 others like this.
  7. bruin20 Dec 19, 2020

8. Ric Dunn Mar 20, 2022

I DID IT!

I managed to get the OEM Black Rubber strap on the NTTD.
    WITHOUT curved spring bars.
    In fact, I'm using the OEM spring bars.

See photos!

All you need to do is shave off the small lip on the strap. It's found where the strap meets the case. It's not the full length of the strap and only runs along the lower portion of where it meets the case.

I used a small pocket knife and slowly and calmly shaved off the rubber and a part of the dark metal below it until it was flush with the other section of the strap - that meets the case.

Then, using the OEM spring bars, it simply clicks into place.

YOU NEED
    - A pocket knife
    - Steady hands
    - To go slowly

Omega NTTD Rubberb.png Omega NTTD Rubber2b.png Omega NTTD Rubber3b.png Omega NTTD Rubber4b.png Omega NTTD Rubber5b.png
  9. jets Mar 22, 2022

Looks way better on that strap. I’d almost buy it.

richiv and aphexafx like this.
  10. martynjc (uk) Jun 9, 2022

3DC5EAEE-A0C5-457B-BCA7-A2E8DF10C0F3.jpeg
  11. John Mc.Lane Oct 21, 2022

Any more shots of rubber on the NTTD?

12. jyles_baldemor Oct 27, 2022

Man that really works well together. Patience is key!

13. jyles_baldemor Oct 27, 2022

14. the_drunk_dial Apr 9, 2023

Anyone wanting a rubber for the NTDD, should consider an IWC rubber strap. There’s no shortage of blank Ti buckles out there, and IWC has lots of variety in 20/18mm straps.

15. martynjc (uk) Apr 9, 2023

It’s white rubber. Almost the season to change over again!

16. ErichPryde Apr 9, 2023

This looks wildly good on the tropic strap :eek:. Is this current production from Synchron?

Thanks so much for sharing the photos. Ridiculously gorgeous.

10mmauto likes this.
  17. dummykid Dec 14, 2023