Forums Latest Members
  1. Ojefo Apr 20, 2015

Hi my name is Jeff .Im new to watches as well as the forum. I've had this watch for over ten years and research it from time to time but never seem to come up with an answer . I check the value through ebay every once in a while but I always come up with different values and info on this watch .I always see them listed and articles I read reference 18kt chrronometres rather than 14kt .Is there something special about this watch being 14kt ? Ive also discovered its not a ref. 2466 but the smaller 2464 does that make it more sought after ? Should I hold on to this watch or find a collector with more knowledge to care for the piece ?Any Information would help thanks .
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 20, 2015

14K isn't that uncommon it was just used in different markets, many models of the same reference have both 14K and 18K versions.

Ojefo likes this.
  3. mac_omega Apr 20, 2015

it is not a 2464 but a ref. 2364 - the smaller version is not so sought after as the larger 2366

additionally the dial of your watch seems to have been re-printed/restored...

Ojefo likes this.
  4. MarcelGuinchard Apr 20, 2015

The dial also seems reprinted to me: "Omega" and "chronometre" letters are not crisp and look hand written. This unfortunately dramatically reduces the value of your watch.

Ojefo likes this.
  5. Ojefo Apr 20, 2015

Thanks for the info everyone I did notice the irregularities in the face. I know the previous owner had several high end watches and sent them to his watchmaker often so it wouldn't surprise me if he had any imperfections touched up. He owned it since new and gave it to me at when he was of 93 years old. I appreciate the information in this forum if i didn't find this site i would have to keep wondering out take it to random watchmakers that i know nothing about. Looking forward to more insight on this time piece and thank you again

6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 20, 2015

This is a US market watch and the "OXG" on the movement below the regulator, which is the importers mark for Omega. Most of these were 14K gold which was more popular in this country.

Watches sold in Europe and South America tended to be 18K gold.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

7. Ojefo Apr 20, 2015

Thanks gatorcpa very interesting. Like i said the most I've learned about this piece was from eBay listings and always 18kt. I'll look into the oxg mark a little more. I do know that the original owner was a high ranking army officer in the central intelligence division and had the watch in the beginning of his army career. I'll do some more digging thanks again.

8. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 20, 2015

Ojefo likes this.