Forums Latest Members

Who would you drink a beer with?

1. WYO_Watch Jul 29, 2019

I honestly never thought I would become a “forum guy.” I don’t really see myself as much of a keyboard warrior and certainly do not have the knowledge to be a great contributor to OF. Nevertheless, I find myself drawn back to this site and all its rich info and quirky characters.

Since I am likely one of the most isolated members the likelihood of sharing a beer with anyone is slim (thanks for trying @BatDad), but I’ve scrolled through enough posts to come up with a few gents (well maybe they are gents, maybe they aren’t) that I’d buy a beer - for no particular reason but I see their name and think “I could drink a beer with that guy.” Without further ado - cheers

@Mad Dog
    @padders
    @oddboy
    @Archer
    @Spacefruit
    @ConElPueblo

Next rounds on me! Who would you buy a beer for?

Edited Jan 25, 2020
    wilderbeast, Lonestar, rcs914 and 7 others like this.
  2. CJpickup57 Jul 30, 2019

I would buy a beer for @Archer (for the help he has given me through PM questions), @Mad Dog (because he is a man I would love to hear stories from), @Spacefruit (for expression of thanks for everything I have learned from his knowledge sharing and website), @ConElPueblo (for his love of vintage horology and to possibly to learn even more) and @JwRosenthal (for his philanthropic attitude and love of all things watches).

Haven't been here long, but while using the search function about topics I am interested in certain names always end up in threads with valuable information that I bookmark.

Even though I am of the younger crowd and new to OF, I love to learn and have plenty of time to do so. I just hope the things I learn, from members that will always know WAY more than myself, I am able to pass on to the next members in the future. Within the last year I had to leave my much loved hobby of motorcycles (over 13 years and 6 motorcycles) due to family medical reasons and I found myself looking at watches again that I first found interest in when I was a teenager. So far, I have not been disappointed in the members and community here.

I hope to possibly be able to make it to some get togethers next year and shake some hands and put names to faces.

Cheers!

Lonestar, ChiefMark, wagudc and 5 others like this.
  3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 30, 2019

I'd drink a beer with anybody who's shouting all rounds.

:D

flw, Fritz, Kmart and 18 others like this.
  4. michael22 Jul 30, 2019

I'm not going to be fussy. Forum personalities can be different to real life personality. I would be happy to have a beer with anybody here, once at least.

Kmart, Sidreilley, lando and 14 others like this.
  5. take57 Jul 30, 2019

Whoever's buyin'...

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 30, 2019

Mmmmm...beer....

What was the question? ;)

flw, Fritz, Kmart and 13 others like this.
  7. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Jul 30, 2019

Next rounds on me! Who would you buy a beer for?

@Meganfox :whistling:

Fritz, Kmart, M'Bob and 7 others like this.
  8. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jul 30, 2019

Our visionary site creators and the mods who keep this place grounded.

flw, Kmart, Omegafanman and 13 others like this.
  9. 1965Speedie Jul 30, 2019

As a fellow Wyoming guy, I'd probably have one with the OP.

wagudc and WYO_Watch like this.
  10. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 30, 2019

Been trying to do a Texas get together but, based on the response, I'm the only one who wants to have a beer with me. Probably better that way so I can maintain the board persona.

M'Bob, JimInOz, michael22 and 3 others like this.
  11. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 30, 2019

I’m from Australia this is easy, Everyone, but really there is too many to list ;)

Everyone except @ConElPueblo ( i bought a beer in Denmark once and am still paying it off in instalments )

flw, Kmart, dougiedude and 15 others like this.
  12. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jul 30, 2019

Don't forget her alter ego, Miss Bourgignon.

13. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 30, 2019

Could just see you, “ use a coaster “ :D:D

14. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 30, 2019

You're kidding, right? Just clean up after yourself, I ain't your mother.

STANDY likes this.
  15. marturx Jul 30, 2019

Then you have never been to Sweden! Not to mention Norway, If you want to grab a beer with @Northernman, a beer there at Akers brygge is what a Speedy cost in the 60ies! :)

16. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jul 30, 2019

I'm pretty sure I'm the only member here from the Channel Islands, but if anyone is visiting Jersey anytime PM me and I'll gladly buy you a pint of the local brew.

flw, wilderbeast, airansun and 4 others like this.
  17. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 30, 2019

Had a few beers with @Northernman in Denmark, we had a GTG at the hotel we crossed paths in and went out for lunch the following day with he’s watchmaker.
    Boy did I see some watches that week as had a GTG with @cristos71 in Amsterdam a few days before.
    Came away with this from @Northernman ;)
    3BE8390E-4DA0-421B-A993-87E02302610F.jpeg

Kmart, lando, airansun and 8 others like this.
  18. marturx Jul 30, 2019

Ah, I see, factoring in a price of a nice Lemania in the price of the beer, of course it will be an expensive one, to pay in installments :D

On topic I have tried to grab a beer with @Northernman, @Pahawi, @styggpyggeno1, @Kommis and @Skrotis in the past, so those are the guys I would try again with again on occasion. And you too, of course @STANDY, with such an excellent taste in watches :)

19. WYO_Watch Jul 30, 2019

@efauser I wouldn’t let you drink alone. I’d buy you and @STANDY a beer and depending on the bar, we could find some hoodlums over-bumping.

And I’ll buy one for @omegastar and @uwsearch for their threads on vintage buckles and bracelets :thumbsup:

omegastar likes this.
  20. vbrad26 Jul 30, 2019

I'd for sure hang out with @Mad Dog
    We seem to have a lot in common.
    Bikes, skateboards, interesting cars, Hooters (and the restaurant too) and of course, Speedies!
    If you ever have a layover at TPA let me know hah!

Foo2rama and Mad Dog like this.