Forums Latest Members
  1. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 2, 2017

This might be the cheapest working LeCoultre Memovox you'll see for awhile:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LeCoultre-Mens-Watch-/172607631442Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

[​IMG]
    Pictures are crappy, but to me, that's going to keep a lot of people away. My gut tells me this dial is good.
    [​IMG]
    Most of the steel cases for Memovoxes were made in Switzerland, not the USA. Many of these have locking rings with 6 notches, but there are some others with only four:

http://www.adamvintage.com/store/p1...Steel_Jaeger-LeCoulltre_Memovox_cal._814.html

[​IMG]

The only question I have is about the originality of the crowns. Really no way to know about that, as I doubt these were originally signed with a logo.

Seller seems to be a bit of a PITA, asking 3% extra for PayPal, clearly in violation of eBay rules.

As they say, no balls, no blue chips.

I'm not buying, so I'd rather one of you on the forum have it.
    gatorcpa

mokofoko, Kazyole and OmegaLover like this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 2, 2017

US shipping only :mad:

These Yanks must think we're all descendants of convicts or something here in Australia.

shishy, Jonatan, cicindela and 5 others like this.
  3. WatchVaultNYC Apr 2, 2017

cheap indeed. Lowest priced Memovox I have previously seen was easily double the price

4. argonbeam Apr 2, 2017

Love his ebay name. "Allgunsnknives". Added to my ebay watchlist though. Will think about but looks like lots of folks looking.

5. Rumar89 Apr 2, 2017

Looks like the $498 BIN option has now been removed.

6. Kazyole Apr 2, 2017

Ah, damn. Had just sent the seller a question about the +3% and someone bids...

Oh well

7. redpcar Apr 2, 2017

I wonder if he realizes that the 3% comment will cost him much more in lower bids. Probably won't go to the end anyway. Someone will offer him a few bucks to end it early. He will take the money and run. I'm not holding my breath on this one.

8. WatchVaultNYC Apr 2, 2017

how is he even supposed to collect on the +3%? add it to the invoice?

9. Kazyole Apr 2, 2017

So yeah, I was that guy. The seller messaged me back saying that since I contacted him prior to the bid, he'd end the auction and sell it to me.

We'll see what shows up in the mail. I'll update the thread with in-focus pictures when it gets here.

I'd always sort of wanted one of these. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a dog.

Thanks @gatorcpa for the tip

Larry S, ashoe50, ConElPueblo and 4 others like this.
  10. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Apr 2, 2017

How much did you offer?::popcorn::

11. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Apr 2, 2017

So he is selling outside of eBay?

12. Kazyole Apr 2, 2017

The original buy it now price, plus 3% for the fee. I think I'd have felt a bit dirty if I offered him less.

Of course, that may change if I get it and it those blurry photos were hiding something

Jwit likes this.
  13. adi4 Apr 2, 2017

Hopefully you bought it using a method with some buyer protection. Don't understand why the seller chose to put the whole 3% thing in there, especially given he could have just added that to the Buy It Now price and still come out under what they generally go for. Of course this is all assuming everything is as expected (or hoped in this case). Best of luck, can't wait for better pictures!

Kazyole likes this.
  14. mokofoko One sad panda Apr 2, 2017

What was the original BIN price? Can't see it with the listing ended. Curious.

Edit: ah, nvm, it pops up as $498 BIN when checking his completed listings--the BIN is only hidden in the actual listing.

Kazyole likes this.
  15. Kazyole Apr 2, 2017

Yep, paypal goods and services. Seemed like a normal/nice enough guy in our little back and forth. I sent him that recommendation for future listings.

I figure if this was a guy trying to scam me, he'd probably have used better photos anyway.

16. Kazyole Apr 2, 2017

mokofoko likes this.
  17. mokofoko One sad panda Apr 2, 2017

Wait, you're not?

:D :D :D

18. Rumar89 Apr 3, 2017

Good luck! Can't wait to see some better pics.

19. Noles_88 Dog costume designer extraordinaire! Apr 3, 2017

Thats weird. I live 20 minutes away from him and he didnt even respond. Hope this watch does turn out good for you.

20. Kazyole Apr 19, 2017

I'll take some better pics soon, but until then, here's the LeCoultre:

[​IMG]

It showed up a couple days ago due to some mixup with USPS.

Not really my area of expertise, but I do like it. Would be curious what the collective knowledge of this forum knows about the watch.

63TR4, ConElPueblo, Fialetti and 4 others like this.