Forums Latest Members
  1. 13piw Jimmy Two Times Mar 23, 2015

I've noticed that Omega has been posting pictures and videos of what is undeniably a white ceramic Speedmaster. I don't know how I feel about this. I think it will look really strange personally. Thoughts?

2. Hijak Mar 23, 2015

If you search the forum for white side of the moon (WSOTM) you will find several threads and many pictures here already.

3. ulackfocus Mar 23, 2015

Jimmy Two Times!

repoman and Hijak like this.
  4. Hijak Mar 23, 2015

I like it, like it.;)

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 23, 2015

Waaa....

He's only been here two minutes and he gets JTT?

Bit hard to pass the chance up though :D

6. pitpro Likes the game. Mar 24, 2015

That's what I call inflation!

The watch model itself is famous for being the first watch worn on the moon, a distinction that was actually more accidental than Omega wants to admit. During preparation for the 1965 Gemini flights, NASA sent two engineers to a watch store to pick up a few potential timepieces to be worn by Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin on the moon. After some testing it was found that the Speedmaster, then priced a heady $82, would survive the trip.

[​IMG]

These new models are following in the footsteps of other ceramic pieces from Chanel and other fashion houses and, ostensibly, you’re going to get a little better wear out of these things. I’d be surprised, in fact, if ceramic didn’t start making its way more actively to electronics over the next few years. As a watch lover I’m definitely intrigued by a watch that doesn’t scuff or scratch as readily as metal. Now for the unsurprising news:
    these pieces will set you back at least $10,000 which means you might be taking a Casio on your next moon walk.