White gold c-case connie

I've recently become interested in 18k white gold connies. From what I've read they are quite rare... There is one nice one up on ebay minus the bracelet, but the asking price seems way too high ($4,650) considering there is a fullset with bracelet on chrono24 for 8500.

What would be considered a good price minus the bracelet. Any tips on where to looks for one?
Edited:

Depends a lot on the model and condition. The c-shaped wg connies while still uncommon are quite a bit easier to find than the earlier models in wg.

From my understanding, C Case Connies featuring white gold bezels are not particularly rare - not sure if versions were made with the entire case in WG, that would be rather special. There are some very knowledgeable guys here on the C Case, hopefully they will contribute to the thread to give you a steer. Initial reaction - $4650 sounds high - but I may be wrong. Plus its on eBay, so proceed with caution obviously

C-cased Constellations are the only ones that regularly comes up for sale in white gold. A dog-leg Constellation in WG is rare, a C-cased one is only uncommon, IMO.
I'd say that I see one or two go up for sale every year - I've never seen a WG dog-leg (or earlier) for sale.

C-cased Constellations are the only ones that regularly comes up for sale in white gold. A dog-leg Constellation in WG is rare, a C-cased one is only uncommon, IMO.
I'd say that I see one or two go up for sale every year - I've never seen a WG dog-leg (or earlier) for sale.

Lyre lug Constellations are rare and when they come up for sale cost a fortune, here's one from 2011, it sold for €28557

Omega_-_Constellation_-_Ref._Omega_-_2852_-_2021-03-20_08.50.52.png

C-case On eBay currently
Steep asking price ($15,000) but what they ask is up to the seller
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1967-Men...274641714217?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10
FC416F79-413D-40AA-A331-0F67536F0496.jpeg
It’s nice but 15k is pretty steep, I’m not a huge fan of that bracelet either as there is a brickwork bracelet version available that is nicer, more substantial and more durable. I actually bought one about 5 years ago off a picker on ebay and ended up selling it to a bloke who needed it for his head only C-Case and the bracelet (WG) was about $3k at the time and I sold it on for a few hundred more a year later.

I think combined its somewhere between $7k and $10k depending on how much you want it tbh.

As said above, if it were a 2852 case instead of a C-Case, get your wallet out as the numbers would be far higher and a few of the most significant collectors on here would be bidding against you.

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
So there are 'full' WG C Cases - which would mean the case, bezel and possibly bracelet made from solid (not plated) WG? Are there hallmarks or stamps on the inside caseback? If so, presumably they can be switched on an otherwise steel version by unscrupulous sellers. Seems like a risky purchase to make via Ebay unless the dealer offered a refund.

So there are 'full' WG C Cases - which would mean the case, bezel and possibly bracelet made from solid (not plated) WG? Are there hallmarks or stamps on the inside caseback? If so, presumably they can be switched on an otherwise steel version by unscrupulous sellers. Seems like a risky purchase to make via Ebay unless the dealer offered a refund.

Are you are suggesting that the risk is that an unscrupulous dealer would take the WG case back off a WG C-Case and swap it onto a steel C-Case to rip off an unsuspecting buyer?

It seems highly far fetched to me, what would he do with the rest of the WG C-Case then, screw the steel case back onto it and then rip off someone looking to buy a steel C-Case by selling them one that is actually half WG? 😵‍💫

WG Constellations are hallmarked like all other Swiss cases, so how would this be possible?

Yea its not a likely thing, what’s more likely is occasionally they get overlooked as gold at all especially when head only and are sold as steel by mistake. There was a thread about a watch selling like that in around 2014.

Yea its not a likely thing, what’s more likely is occasionally they get overlooked as gold at all especially when head only and are sold as steel by mistake. There was a thread about a watch selling like that in around 2014.

Doesn't happen often though as I'm sure there are some collectors specifically looking for this kind of thing 😗

Doesn't happen often though as I'm sure there are some collectors specifically looking for this kind of thing 😗
It’s sort of like when someone lists a junk looking redialed watch like a Seamaster or a Geneva with a 7912 or 7077 bracelet and you see the feeding frenzy lol

Obviously the OF thread highlighting the mistake fixed the problem for the seller. He or she must have been really happy.

Obviously the OF thread highlighting the mistake fixed the problem for the seller. He or she must have been really happy.
It didn’t go that high still as there just aren’t that many people willing to pay 4 figures for a C-Case whether its yellow gold white gold or platinum and diamonds. I’ve seen a few brands (and Hodinkee) trying to make the whole C-Case thing come back into vogue in the last few years but I just don’t see it taking off and it seems more like some people trying to make “fetch” happen, to quote Mean Girls.

Are you are suggesting that the risk is that an unscrupulous dealer would take the WG case back off a WG C-Case and swap it onto a steel C-Case to rip off an unsuspecting buyer?

It seems highly far fetched to me, what would he do with the rest of the WG C-Case then, screw the steel case back onto it and then rip off someone looking to buy a steel C-Case by selling them one that is actually half WG? 😵‍💫

You're right - but though it may seem far fetched, theoretically its possible to put a hallmarked WG caseback onto a steel watch; then you put fake hallmarks on a steel caseback to place on the WG head. Then you have two 'WG' watches valued at multiples of a standard steel watch.
I await your incredulous emoji. The broader point here is I would not buy a WG watch from an unknown seller on Ebay based on photos of a hallmarked caseback without the guarantee of a refund once I received the watch and could do tests or view the hallmarks under a loupe. Hallmarks are routinely faked in gold and silver jewellery so presumably the same applies in watches made from precious metals.

You're right - but though it may seem far fetched, theoretically its possible to put a hallmarked WG caseback onto a steel watch; then you put fake hallmarks on a steel caseback to place on the WG head. Then you have two 'WG' watches valued at multiples of a standard steel watch.
I await your incredulous emoji. The broader point here is I would not buy a WG watch from an unknown seller on Ebay based on photos of a hallmarked caseback without the guarantee of a refund once I received the watch and could do tests or view the hallmarks under a loupe. Hallmarks are routinely faked in gold and silver jewellery so presumably the same applies in watches made from precious metals.

There is a pretty big flaw in your plan. Other than WG and steel being different hues of grey colour.

Man, I'd hate to disappoint 😲