Forums Latest Members
  1. rocker Jan 26, 2018

Recently got my first quality automatic a Seamaster with 1120 calibre movement , watch is only worn once or twice a month as I have several nice quartz watches that I enjoy as well .Omega recommends 800 tpd bidirectional. Will a Wolf cub 1.8 work , from the Wolf web site it states this winder does 1800 tpd total 900 in each direction will this cause damage to watch. If I go to the Module 2.1 it can be programmed to turn clockwise 900 tpd or counter clockwise 900 tpd either setting should work for the 1120 calibre as it is bidirectional, the 2.1 can also be set to bidirectional which doubles the tpd to 1800, The 2.7 module can be fully adjust in 50 tpd increments from 300 tpd to 1200 tpd which is a great feature but very expensive. If the 1.8 module will do the job I would buy it but I don't want to risk damaging my watch with excessive rotations

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 27, 2018

You will not damage the watch. They cannot be over wound. It will put a little extra wear and tear on it though.

I honestly stopped using my winders...

apm1 likes this.
  3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 27, 2018

Running a watch if you only wear it once or twice a month is not worth it.
    As above don't use them anymore.
    Only one I found that was quiet was a Orbita but next level up in quality and price.

If it was a moon phase that was a pain to set yes.

MikiJ and Foo2rama like this.
  4. 77deluxe Jan 27, 2018

I agree with rhe above comments. Save your money. Unless you own an annual calendar watch, it isn’t worth it. They can only cause more wear and tear on your watch(Es)

5. rocker Jan 27, 2018

thanks seems to be a lot of people with the same thought that they are not needed

6. FloridaGary Jan 28, 2018

Winders are a convenience and not needed however, I have 4 automatic timepieces that I wear each week and I like to grab and go. I use a quad watchwinder from Brookstone for the last 5 years and it is quiet and adjustable for TPD and both directions to customize each timepiece. You don’t have to spend big money for the convenience of a watchwinder.

7. Alex_TA Jan 29, 2018

Buy 2.7. I keep my automatic Omega watches there for years without any negative consequences whatsoever.

8. chanbar Jan 30, 2018

Module 2.1 if you need to pick one. I have the roadster triple, but don’t turn it on really (got it as a birthday gift) due to the concerns about unnecessary wear. For the most part the watches sits in a box until its turn which is about once every two weeks (I try to be fair and give every watch some wrist time) :)

9. apm1 Jan 30, 2018

I don't see the point. If you don't use the watch leave it resting!

10. Tio Jan 30, 2018

I have to agree with all of the above. While long periods of sitting and not running can really "gum up" a watch they do not need to be wound/running all the time. I'd save the money to apply to purchasing another cool watch but if you do opt on buying a winder make sure to get one that plugs into a wall socket as the battery operated ones really eat up their batteries and will become prohibitively expensive to run long term. Congratulations on your Seamaster by the way.....welcome to the madness.

11. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 30, 2018

Oils degrade over time. If the watch is going to get "gummed up" then that will happen if it's running or not.

Cheers, Al