Forums Latest Members

Which watch is considered nice by your husband/wife/bf/gf?

1. Stumbellina Nov 5, 2018

Pun likes this.
  2. Khamenman Nov 5, 2018

Wow sister, you have a really high standard there. I don't think I will own on of those, not in the near future

queriver, Stumbellina and Pun like this.
  3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Nov 5, 2018

IMG_20150509_191702.jpg
    She stole my DeVille GMT .... Suits her wrist better I think.

4. Ninja2789 Nov 5, 2018

It's funny because my wife seems to have better taste than I do.

"That case looks too polished"

"Why would you buy a poor man's anything? Just buy the original. Don't spend money on the derivative"

She's a big fan of the Heuer Camaros and Rolex GMT. Thinks my Doxa collection is eye cancer.

Oh well. Can't win them all.

Stumbellina, Khamenman and Pun like this.
  5. Khamenman Nov 6, 2018

My wife said My VC Patrimony and my GS HiBeat GMT are just standard and just okay, while my Speedy Ultraman and my Cartier Santos Dumont are ugly :(:(

Ninja2789 likes this.
  6. bgrisso Nov 6, 2018

My gf really likes this UG triple date moonphase, and borrows for special occasions. I believe we have developed an unspoken understanding that the watch will become hers officially at some point....

P1000984_adj.jpg
    Snowman, queriver, Khamenman and 3 others like this.
  7. micampe Nov 6, 2018

I think this is more about a nerd vs a non-nerd perspective than a male vs female distinction. We nerds usually attach other values to the watch: history, technical, or other tidbits. Non-nerds just see how they look and whether they would match their outfit, like a pair of shoes or a purse.

My girlfriend’s favorites are these two.

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

destroid, George.A, Njnjcfp88 and 9 others like this.
  8. superfly Nov 6, 2018

I'm pretty sure my wife likes her Rolex Lady-Datejust. ;)

9. nightflow Nov 6, 2018

shishy, George.A, queriver and 2 others like this.
  10. BenBagbag Nov 6, 2018

This is the only watch that's been approved...

2852 Textured.jpg

destroid, Schmedsc, McKinley and 5 others like this.
  11. Waltesefalcon Nov 7, 2018

If only one watch is going to be approved that should be the one.

BenBagbag and ConElPueblo like this.
  12. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Nov 7, 2018

I have to be honest, my wife finds all my watches ugly in varying degrees. There are very few watches she really likes as I've discovered browsing watch boutique windows.

One that she does big time like luckily though as it's on my future wish list is the Longines Avigation Big Eye. I hope to buy that one in the next year or two.

My sister is always am amusing one to get opinions from, she is so strongly opinionated on watches that if she goes on a date and doesn't like the guys watch it can completely rule him out. She strongly dislikes statement pieces, slim or small watches and hates shark mesh bracekets worth a passion. Love getting her thoughts on watches I see around, can be pretty hilarious her reactions. She doesn't particularly like any of my watches but out of them she likes the CWC RN Diver the most.

queriver and Khamenman like this.
  13. Edward53 Nov 7, 2018

Mrs. E. likes these two. The Omegas trail way behind.

20181001_114408.jpg IMG_6471.JPG

14. MaiLollo Nov 7, 2018

My fiancé owns the Constellation that is in my profile pic, and while the speedies are OK (she likes straight lugs, the lyre lug cases not so much) my submariner is not, and the yellow Seiko Pogue I used to own is "the worst-looking object" she has ever seen.

Her dream watch is a Datejust, and anything with 3 hands and a sober design will win her over.

queriver likes this.
  15. Khamenman Nov 7, 2018

Indeed, my wife also does not understand why would I be interested in dive watch. I showed her Submariner, SMP, PO, Seiko dive watches, all seen as ugly watches by my wife ::facepalm1::

But on the other hand, she does not like 3 hander as well. She thinks it's just too plain

queriver likes this.
  16. queriver Nov 7, 2018

My wife isn’t taken by any of my watches but I don’t take her disinterest as a comment about my taste. She just isn’t interested in watches full stop. She never looks at watches on Instagram, in auction catalogues or websites and, rather than glancing at them over my shoulder as I look at them, I get the “oh you’re not looking at more watches!” look.

She mainly sees me with tool watches (Speedmasters, other chronos and dive watches) so she doesn’t see the refined / elegant aesthetic of the PPs and ALSs such as those @Stumbellina showed us but I doubt even they would shift the disinterested meter. Neither do smaller simpler vintage watches such as these resonate:

IMG_1624 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1409 - OF - Copy.jpg

On the other hand, my daughter has already picked out which watch I need to wear at her wedding which is my Speedy Albino and I’m yet to convince her that a chronograph is not the correct type of watch for the father of the bride to wear at a wedding.

Khamenman likes this.
  17. Njnjcfp88 Nov 7, 2018

My girlfriend doesn’t really pipe up too much; she just can’t fanthom as to why I have bought so many ....she figures that 1gold dressy, 1 steel dressy, and maybe 1 or 2 chronographs should suffice. Then I remind her to look at her collection of handbags

Khamenman likes this.
  18. gostang9 Nov 7, 2018

My wife has what I would call a quasi "dis"interest in watches. Immediately after watching First Man with me last night, I started explaining that there is a particular vintage Speedmaster referred to as the "Ed White" and she interrupted quickly with "we don't need to buy another watch!...". She believes if she shows any interest in watches it will simply lead to additional purchases (and she's probably not wrong!).

Khamenman likes this.
  19. staristheanswer Nov 7, 2018

Imagine them telling her:
    WHY YOU DON'T LIKE WATCHES HUH?? :p
    [​IMG]

Njnjcfp88 and Mad Dog like this.
  20. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Nov 7, 2018

Any watch that I’m wearing during wife unit [MacGyverette] assigned chore duties is considered “nice” by the wife unit...

1B4CC1F6-F25C-4B45-A888-D596B495D8E5.jpeg