Which UG are you wearing today?

Posts
511
Likes
1,915
Today what I suggest to be an essential part on every UG collection...
Early, black dial, no date, bumper
Ref 20217-4
 
Posts
13,940
Likes
54,149
Rosy glow of my 124104 Compax today.
 
Posts
13,940
Likes
54,149
This little guy followed me home yesterday.....
Just perfect. Congrats!
 
Posts
1,957
Likes
25,760
Just perfect. Congrats!

Thanks....a flea market find....very nice condition, save some previous owner's attempt to engrave his name on the inside of the case back....runs great.
 
Posts
13,940
Likes
54,149
Thanks....a flea market find....very nice condition, save some previous owner's attempt to engrave his name on the inside of the case back....runs great.
Incredible that you scored this at a flea market. What I鈥檓 now wondering given typical patina on these.... redial? Printing seems a bit off.
 
Posts
1,957
Likes
25,760
Incredible that you scored this at a flea market. What I鈥檓 now wondering given typical patina on these.... redial? Printing seems a bit off.

Anything is possible I suppose, however, I believe the dial is original given the faint radium burn -- likely from the minute hand sitting for an extended period of time pointing to the one o'clock marker. I have bought several watches from the same guy. He always comes up with vintage watches in original condition at reasonable prices.
 
Posts
13,940
Likes
54,149
Anything is possible I suppose, however, I believe the dial is original given the faint radium burn -- likely from the minute hand sitting for an extended period of time pointing to the one o'clock marker. I have bought several watches from the same guy. He always comes up with vintage watches in original condition at reasonable prices.
Good point. This is so nice ...
 
Posts
1,957
Likes
25,760
Good point. This is so nice ...

For a c-note, I found it difficult not to take it home with me.
 
Posts
3,687
Likes
8,498
Anything is possible I suppose, however, I believe the dial is original given the faint radium burn -- likely from the minute hand sitting for an extended period of time pointing to the one o'clock marker. I have bought several watches from the same guy. He always comes up with vintage watches in original condition at reasonable prices.

are you wanting feedback, or is this just an appreciation thread and we leave the collector OCD for other threads....
 
Posts
1,957
Likes
25,760
are you wanting feedback, or is this just an appreciation thread and we leave the collector OCD for other threads....

Any and all comments are more than welcome.
 
Posts
3,687
Likes
8,498
Any and all comments are more than welcome.

Looks like a redial and the second hand is wrong, but still nice looking and for $100 you are fine on parts value alone
 
Posts
1,957
Likes
25,760
Looks like a redial and the second hand is wrong, but still nice looking and for $100 you are fine on parts value alone

As I am no expert, my question here is sincerely to gain knowledge. What makes you believe it is a redial? The aging of the lume on the hour markers looks consistent with the age of the watch. The lume on the hands is noticeably lighter, and might have been redone at some point. Again, all input sincerely appreciated.
 
Posts
994
Likes
3,205
This little guy followed me home yesterday.....
Looking at the Universal Geneve font, no way this could be original. Sorry...