Forums Latest Members
  1. Alex_TA Feb 12, 2016

[​IMG]

White, Sedna (red) or yellow?

I can wear WG to work, others can be special occasions only. Sedna is joyful and a bit sporty, yellow is the classics.

Regarding WG, I'm not sure in its legibility because of white on white hands. Additionally, it seems to me (not sure) that it can be the hardest sale if somewhere in the future I'll desperately need money.

What would you choose?

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 12, 2016

Sedna, for the reasons you cited.

Can be worn for dress and casual.
    gatorcpa

larryganz and Alex_TA like this.
  3. Glenn Feb 12, 2016

Yellow, as you say, "more Classy" (this is the one I want!)

Alex_TA likes this.
  4. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Feb 12, 2016

I'm inclined toward the yellow version (this watch or the yellow gold Globemaster are on my "must have" list). It seems like yellow gold is increasingly difficult to find in contemporary models -- I don't see, for example, a single Jaeger-Lecoultre offering in yellow in their current catalogue.

Alex_TA likes this.
  5. Riviera Paradise Feb 13, 2016

Well @Alex_TA, you know I opted for the yellow gold Tresor. Based on the Internet photos I was initially inclined to opt for the sedna gold, but when I saw the two side by side at the Omega boutique the YG just seemed to stand out, with warm tones and in pure harmony with the gorgeous brown leather strap - a "soulful" watch. The YG with a black strap would look perhaps blingy and more dressy, but on a brown strap or hirsch strap it looks perfect:)

I would never where any of them with super casual wear (shorts/bermudas), but you can pull off either YG or SG with slacks/ smart jeans and a nice smart shirt + brown leather shoes. In fact I have never worn my YG with a suit, the most formal has been with blazers and generally no tie. I think this is all very much down to what you feel comfortable with. I really don´t think the SG to YG difference in tone is that significant in the wild to justify choosing one or the other based on range of appropriate attire.

The WG does nothing for me...too cold and boring for my personal taste and I think the Reverso is much nicer for a monochromatic black strap white dial silver case watch. As I mentioned Reversos I will add the following: some wear Reversos as pure dress watches, others wear them for day-to-day wear as they were originally intended to be a sports watch after all.

You can´t go wrong with any of them, but I would compare them side by side before you make any final decision. Good luck!

Alex_TA likes this.
  6. Alex_TA Feb 13, 2016

I'm planning for Reverso too, especially like Grande Calendar. I want both Tresor and Reverso, and in some phase will get both, but this year I have significant birtday with 0 at the end, so it's more convienent time to get some gold :)

Foo2rama and Riviera Paradise like this.
  7. M'Bob Feb 13, 2016

I asked an attractive female this very question. She said that it would take a "special" guy to carry off a pink-gold watch - and left it at that. I guess one has to read between the lines. I would say go with the WG or YG, depending on which you feel you would get the most use and enjoyment from.

Riviera Paradise and Alex_TA like this.
  8. OSP Feb 13, 2016

White or yellow as they are the traditional colours.

Alex_TA likes this.
  9. zinzan8 Feb 13, 2016

Alex, my friend, you have heard many opinions, and various reasons why one color might work better in certain situations. But it doesn't really seem like anything really matters more than your own personal preference. And that's cool. So go with your heart, and don't buy a watch because of anyone else's.

Riviera Paradise, Alex_TA and OSP like this.
  10. OSP Feb 13, 2016

So what does Alex think?

11. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Feb 13, 2016

yellow
    P1000568.JPG

12. Alex_TA Feb 13, 2016

Alex wants to gather opinions of experienced comrades [emoji6]
    I'm stuck, because every color has its pro and contra.
    White can work everywhere and with everything, but why to pay for the gold that does not look like gold? [emoji9]
    Sedna goes well with smart casual attire but Tresor is not a sport watch, it has vintage look...
    Which means that it looks best in YG, but YG is blingy and not exactly appropriate in my business environment.

So meanwhile I enjoy with the challenge [emoji2]

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  13. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 13, 2016

White gold, you have said a few times you will get to wear it more and this is going to be a watch you don't want to take off for a month after getting.
    I am a SS more than gold guy myself so a bit bias..

Alex_TA likes this.
  14. zinzan8 Feb 13, 2016

Hmm... The more I hear your thoughts, Alex, the more I think the Tresor is not for you, at least not right now. WG is a waste for the expense, because you'd want something that looks like Gold. YG is not something you feel comfortable wearing in your work environment, and too blingy for you. And, in your mind, RG doesn't match the vintage look you appreciate in the Tresor.

-Z

Edited Feb 13, 2016
  15. Riviera Paradise Feb 13, 2016

@Alex_TA : I really do not think the YG Tresor looks "blingy" on the brown strap. ;)

I have no idea about your work environment but I do not personally use this watch as a daily business watch, but then again I don´t consider it to be a "safe queen" pure dress watch. Within a business environment I use it for senior executive meetings, industry conferences & seminars and more formal business events as a whole. I would position it somewhere between a casual/daily business watch and a pure dress watch.
    DSC04117.JPG DSC04119.JPG

Spruce, mozartman, M'Bob and 2 others like this.
  16. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Feb 13, 2016

Not blingy.......Classy!

LouS, Riviera Paradise and Alex_TA like this.
  17. zinzan8 Feb 13, 2016

Beautiful watch. And I agree, not too blingy on a brown strap.

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  18. M'Bob Feb 14, 2016

The WG has the potential benefit of being very stealth...you could pop it on with any casual attire, and the uninitiated may think it's a garden-variety stainless steel watch. A certain comfort in that, as advertising a hunk o' gold in a number of situations could be ill-advised.

Alex_TA likes this.
  19. mozartman ♫♭♬ ♪ Feb 14, 2016

All of those Tresors are beautiful, but my choice would be the yellow gold. I love the look of rose gold in photos, but less so in person, and it seems to stand out too much when worn with business or formal attire. White gold looks fine, but a jeweler told me it will eventually tarnish and have to be polished. And as 18 karat gold is relatively soft and scratches easily, I've never thought of it as ideal for anything but formal or semi-formal occasions. That said, if I could afford them, I'd buy all three. But I'll have to make do with this one:
    280.jpg

Shailor, Alex_TA and Riviera Paradise like this.
  20. meganfox17 Feb 14, 2016

Dear Alex TA
    I will give You a Unique very different Suggestion.
    In the Hindu Beliefs , buying or owning something is based on the Indian Astrology or Horoscope or "Jathagam ".The correct decision will ensure you will Prosper & the item brings You Good Luck , protect You from harm or evil ...just like the Chinese Feng Shui ! Simply putting it into prospective , based on your 2016 Horoscope & Under Which Star You Were Born In , the 'scripts' will tell you which Colour You should choose......

There You Go....

arkstfan likes this.