Which Speedmaster with my Moonwatch?

Thanks for your thoughts! Please post a pic of your FOIS!

Sorry for the crapy and uninspiring pics, but hope they will show how the FOIS sits on my 6.3" wrist with a Horween Shell Cordovan strap. Very comfortable strap by the way

Sorry for the crapy and uninspiring pics, but hope they will show how the FOIS sits on my 6.3" wrist with a Horween Shell Cordovan strap. Very comfortable strap by the way

Thanks; very stylish!!!

Why does it have to be an Omega?

WOW, didn't realize the Bulova is so much bigger than the Speedy... Nice side to side!

True that. But I feel they are also quite different. I own the FOIS and absolutely love it. It is a bit smaller but that together with the design in general makes it look more vintage and dressy if you know what I mean. The "regular" speedmaster looks more rugged and less dressy. I would not wear it with a suit for example, but the FOIS works great for that with a nice leather strap on. So depends what you will use it for and what else you keep in your watch box 😀

This is also a good point:
Which Speesmaster works best with a suit? You said that your FOIS works well with a suit—the Trilogy 57 might also work well with a suit (leather strap)... the black&yellow Apollo 8 is maby not a good choice with a suit...

This is also a good point:
Which Speesmaster works best with a suit? You said that your FOIS works well with a suit—the Trilogy 57 might also work well with a suit (leather strap)... the black&yellow Apollo 8 is maby not a good choice with a suit...

I mean... none of them are dress watches in a classical sense, but since the FOIS is a bit nimbler with a slightly more vintage look I feel that it works when worn on a leather strap. I use it frequently with a suit. It is more dressy than a Pro on a bracelet.

I didn't read the OP's requirement as Speedmaster Professional only, so how about something entirely different?

The Mark II is IMO a great reissue in the true sense, i.e. close to the original but still distinctively modern:

omega-speedmaster-mark-ii-co-axial-chronograph-42-4-x-46-2-mm-32710435001001-gallery-1-large.jpg

Too many options to list, frankly... a bit like saying, I already have a BMW inline-6, i'd like to buy another one, which one would you recommend?

No matter what, a great question to be able to ask oneself 😀

I didn't read the OP's requirement as Speedmaster Professional only, so how about something entirely different?

The Mark II is IMO a great reissue in the true sense, i.e. close to the original but still distinctively modern:

omega-speedmaster-mark-ii-co-axial-chronograph-42-4-x-46-2-mm-32710435001001-gallery-1-large.jpg

I second that... looks totally kickass in racing livery... Still think the slightly smaller, manual-wind, no-date-window original is better-looking!

I had a chat with my AD:
The Apollo 11 50th ann. Speedmaster will be in steel with lunar module in the dial! Price somewhere around €9k—I will be first on the list! I’ll skip other Speedmasters for now—can’t wait to see the new anniversary Speedmaster!!!

I was in a similar situation and ended up with a broad arrow. A bonus is that they can share traps too.

I was in a similar situation and ended up with a broad arrow. A bonus is that they can share traps too.

Great Duo, congrats!!!

If I had to choose between your two options, I would choose the Apollo 8. It's a beautiful watch, and the yellow accents although a bit bold, aren't necessarily overpowering. The rendition of the moon on the dial is just amazing to look at! Additionally the 1861 movement in the back with the matching textures from the front and purple jewels is stunning! Just my opinion. The other members posted up some amazing options as well...