Which Speedmaster with my Moonwatch?

Id also vote for the FOIS but doesn’t sound to your taste.

2 other options:

1) wait for the expected Apollo 11 anniversary watch, potentially with 321;
2) the trilogy Speedmaster:

Id also vote for the FOIS but doesn’t sound to your taste.

2 other options:

1) wait for the expected Apollo 11 anniversary watch, potentially with 321;
2) the trilogy Speedmaster:

I agree, trilogy Speedmaster could be what might suit you
Cheers

That is a very stylish and unique Speedmaster!!
Not quite unique... There are 3500 of them out there.

True that. But I feel they are also quite different. I own the FOIS and absolutely love it. It is a bit smaller but that together with the design in general makes it look more vintage and dressy if you know what I mean. The "regular" speedmaster looks more rugged and less dressy. I would not wear it with a suit for example, but the FOIS works great for that with a nice leather strap on. So depends what you will use it for and what else you keep in your watch box 😀

Thanks for your thoughts! Please post a pic of your FOIS!

Not quite unique... There are 3500 of them out there.

Well, limited edition (one of so many..) anyway. Btw: According to one video with Omega CEO: The Speedmaster Apollo 8 DSOTM will be alltogether only around 1500 pieces, even though it’s not numbered or limited edition.

QUOTE="FinWatch, post: 1193133, member: 48211"]What would you do?

I would like to have one special Speedmaster with my ”basic” Moonwatch Professional 311.30.42.30.01.005.
I’ve seen and experienced Apollo XVII, Speedy Tuesday and Ultraman... not for me. At the moment I have two options:
Speedmaster Apollo 8 Dark side of the Moon or the Apollo XI 50th Anniversary Speedmaster, which is possibly two-tone version. This is something that I am not sure if I like (TT)... waiting for the pics.
Snoopy or Alaska would be also great, but just too expensive. And pre-owned special watches might be problematic.
I want to limit my Speedmasters in two, so which Speedmaster would you recommend next to my classic, The Moonwatch (current version) which I have?
Any Apollo 8 -owners?[/QUOTE]
I got mine last month and the dial is amazing to look at. It is not really easy to tell time because the hands get lost in the dial but I don’t care. I can’t stop looking at the watch!!!

QUOTE="FinWatch, post: 1193133, member: 48211"]What would you do?

I would like to have one special Speedmaster with my ”basic” Moonwatch Professional 311.30.42.30.01.005.
I’ve seen and experienced Apollo XVII, Speedy Tuesday and Ultraman... not for me. At the moment I have two options:
Speedmaster Apollo 8 Dark side of the Moon or the Apollo XI 50th Anniversary Speedmaster, which is possibly two-tone version. This is something that I am not sure if I like (TT)... waiting for the pics.
Snoopy or Alaska would be also great, but just too expensive. And pre-owned special watches might be problematic.
I want to limit my Speedmasters in two, so which Speedmaster would you recommend next to my classic, The Moonwatch (current version) which I have?
Any Apollo 8 -owners?
I got mine last month and the dial is amazing to look at. It is not really easy to tell time because the hands get lost in the dial but I don’t care. I can’t stop looking at the watch!!![/QUOTE]

Wow!!!

Congrats! Simply stunning....

I am leaning towards this... it’s not easy to get one...

How about a moonphase speedmaster? To further emphasize the connection to the moon.

Or a racing speedmaster? To emphasize the speedmaster’s roots before it became the moonwatch.

Or a rattrapante speedmaster? Since this is the apex of the chronograph complication that speedmasters are known for.

Or a white dial speedmaster? As a contrast to the black moonwatch.

Or an automatic co-axial speedmaster? So not the same as your current manual wound.

....I want to limit my Speedmasters in two.....

Me too!

But I failed.

I will say the gold and two tone gold really need to be seen in the flesh. I too was no fan, but then I was able to wear one and I was sold.

It might not be the 'Automatic' choice but how about the original DSOTM... still a classic and thanks to the subtle speedy polishing it does not wear too large in my opinion (despite being 44.25)… Also George Daniels Co-ax so ticking a lot of boxes for me. Happy hunting / nice problem you have to solve :0)

How about a moonphase speedmaster? To further emphasize the connection to the moon.

Or a racing speedmaster? To emphasize the speedmaster’s roots before it became the moonwatch.

Or a rattrapante speedmaster? Since this is the apex of the chronograph complication that speedmasters are known for.

Or a white dial speedmaster? As a contrast to the black moonwatch.

Or an automatic co-axial speedmaster? So not the same as your current manual wound.

Very good points&ideas, thanks!!!

It might not be the 'Automatic' choice but how about the original DSOTM... still a classic and thanks to the subtle speedy polishing it does not wear too large in my opinion (despite being 44.25)… Also George Daniels Co-ax so ticking a lot of boxes for me. Happy hunting / nice problem you have to solve :0)

Wow!!! That black is amazing.... Congrats for your stunning duo!

Wow!!! That black is amazing.... Congrats for your stunning duo!

There are so many good choices - and the standard speedy with hesalite is still a wonderful watch.... I guess if you do go for a ceramic / sapphire option you also get to have one option with a bit more scratch resistance which can also come in handy.