Which speedmaster to throw around?

MoonSwatch?

Noo waayy.
You'll drown one of those in a heartbeat.
A Swatch watch is really only good for light rain exposure or washing hands whilst being mindful.

An old well maintained seamaster would be an option but frankly I reserve my 2005 Aqua Terra as a daily watch now days.
150m water resistance, Saphire crystal and quite thin for an automatic that's relatively cost effective and with respectable lume.
But I still respect it enough that I take it off and put it aside out of harms way when it may be at risk.
Other than that a G-shock would be my go to alternative😉

Talking about Speedmaster pool wear 😗 NASA astronaut Walter Schirra testing SCUBA equipment in his private pool wearing CK2998-4

Just get a G-Shock. A used Speedy in decent condition will cost you at least 4k plus $750 to 1k in maintenance every 5-7 years. No point in trashing a luxury timepiece, even one that’s a tool watch.
That's exactly what I do; I wear the hesalite 3861 most of the time and a G-Shock for sports. Perfect two-piece collection.

It depends.. I would not wear speedy for every occasion... if not g-shock, get Aquaracer, older 300M or Seiko

I started getting into vintage Omega & Girrard-Perregaux casually, but I've become very attached to my small handful of older watches. Instead of wearing these 24/7, I'd like to maintain their condition and get a modern watch to wear every day, at the pool, working on my motorcycles, cooking, etc.

Was thinking 2nd hand speedy, any recommendations on which to start looking at? I've started looking at the bottom of the price range, as I intend to wear this pretty aggressively & don't want to worry about it at all. I'd be grateful for any advice!
Wouldn't recommend the speedy, a seamaster or sub are much better for that. I know that speedy's do have a waterproof rating but I would not trust it especially for an older vintage piece