Forums Latest Members
  1. ZweiP Mar 1, 2018

Hello,

I recently made a new purchase. [​IMG] I was lucky enough to get this beautiful Omega Seamaster. But I'm not sure which specific model this is. It looks similar to the Omega Seamster Cosmic from 1974 but only with a different dial (silver). Does somebody know more about that model? I'm super curious, but the previous owner could not tell me more.

What do you think about the design of the watch? Would you still consider buying this model? Thanks a lot.

IMG_8389.jpg IMG_8439.jpg IMG_8432.jpg
    Nathan1967 likes this.
  2. oli.wilsonn Mar 1, 2018

Haven't a clue what it is just here to tell you your new watch is stunning

3. Caliber561 Mar 1, 2018

Not familiar with these pieces, but those facets are absolutely gorgeous! The case looks virtually unpolished!

Nathan1967 likes this.
  4. ZweiP Mar 1, 2018

Thanks a lot. Yeah, the case is totally unpolished. The corners are tack sharp. Even the dial looks almost new. For an automatic which is more than 40 years old, it runs pretty accurately. (max. -2 sec/day).
    I wish somebody could tell me more about the heritage of the watch. :)

5. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 1, 2018

The fastest way to tell what it is is to provide a photo of the movement with associated numbers and the numbers on the inside of the caseback.

Nathan1967 likes this.
  6. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 1, 2018

Nathan1967 likes this.
  7. ZweiP Mar 2, 2018

Thanks Nathan. There is only the seamaster cosmic which looks pretty similar only with an darker dial.

https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-omega-seamaster-cosmic-st-366-0838/

I have never taken off a caseback of a watch. What tool do I need for that? On the caseback there is tool 9070 written on it. Do I need something special for that? Thanks

8. ConElPueblo Mar 2, 2018

Is it a snap back or does the movement come out of the front? No matter which, get the watch serviced if it hadn't had any care recently. These movements don't suffer neglect lightly..!

Great looking watch :thumbsup:

9. ZweiP Mar 2, 2018

Thanks. I will take care of it. ;)