Which buckle finish would you choose …

For the following two watches? Your buckle choices are either:

Stainless steel

OR

Yellow gold plated

Watch 1: Black dialed Constellation 14381 with black strap, steel case and yellow gold hands and hour markers. Which buckle material for the best overall look?

Watch 2: Silver dialed Seamaster 2576 with a tan strap and steel hands and hour markers. Which buckle material for the best overall look?

I’ll be interested to see if there is a general agreement or more of a split of opinion.

Stain!ess steel and stainless steel for those two watches.

Case material rather than dial's enhancements guides me.

That makes sense, but I have to admit that the yellow gold buckle really looks nice with the tan strap. I’m so confused … 😁

Another vote for buckle finish matching case material. Gold would be fine on a two tone case though.

A bunch of conservatives so far! Where are the mix and match supporters!?!

A bunch of conservatives so far! Where are the mix and match supporters!?!
Ha! 😁 I like stainless steel on both.

Gold on the connie, stainless on the seamaster. What can I say, I'm a rebel.

For those examples, stainless. If you put a brown strap on the first watch, I could be swayed to go gold.

That makes sense, but I have to admit that the yellow gold buckle really looks nice with the tan strap. I’m so confused … 😁

Yeah. I stay confused about some of my straps on some of my watches.

And then there's the one watch I have here that makes an occasional appearance on WRUW which possesses a stainless steel case yet is wearing a strap with a gold buckle. What a faux pas that is!

Installed the strap in a hurry and intended to change out the gold buckle for stainless steel, but can't be bothered with it so far ... over several years time.

But, y'all will never know which one because I only turn the watch's face to the camera!

I would go stainless buckle on both watches.

Damn! Looks like I need to stock up on steel buckles and sell some gold ones - or buy a bunch of gold cased watches. 🙁

This

I have just bought a steel buckle from watchobsession.co.uk to go on my watch, admittedly it is a stainless steel case, but if it were two tone, I still would have gone that way. Personally I would only go with gold on a full gold watch. Steel goes with more colour straps if you decide to change the actual strap in the future, but either work, so your choice.

Well, I have gold buckles on my two gold capped Connies, but I also have them on four other steel cased watches including the three shown above because the dials have gold hands/markers and I also just like the warm look that a gold buckle lends to a tan or brown strap. Hmmm. Maybe I’ll just go rogue, leave the watches as they are, and start drinking white wine with my steaks. 😲😲😲

I would go stainless steel for the both, just like everyone said above...

But it is all your style!!

I like to match with case material / color.

Wonder if you could get a black buckle ? Different and could be very nice.

I would try the gold buckle on the first watch but with a lighter strap. As they are right now, I would use SS for both.

As a standard - I agree that matching buckle with case material is generally correct. ( no matter the strap choice)

however, I can definitely see the reason for having a gold buckle to pick up on the gold indices of the Constellation.