Which buckle finish would you choose …

Have you thought about gold plating your SS cases?😵‍💫

or Rhodium plating your buckles?😵‍💫

😁::rimshot::

What about other metals? Like silver? I often wonder why silver is not more popular in watches. Btw all my buckles are SS, but I wouldn't mind a silver buckle if I ever found one.

Mat stainless steel. Generic for the watch straps I just laser cut.

I just bought some more stuff to see if I can nickel plate things. Namely non omega rusted plates.

Sometime I need to move away from the generic buckles and dip my toes in the ocean of Omega buckles. Amazed these get counterfeited too. Looks like a veritable mine field of options. Most job lots include the gold colored ones. I am not fond of gold. Although many of the rat watches tend to be gold plated or capped.

Not sure how plain nickel will hold up without the chrome overcoat. I looked in to chrome plating and it is really nasty. Cyanide acid baths etc. And I thought water (fire) gilding (which uses mercury) was bad enough.

Silver seems popular on belts and some purse clasps. It does tend to tarnish unless polished often. May also react when worn against the skin.

I notice that there is a dearth of 10mm and 14mm buckles in some areas. Like the store associated with the YT channel I used as a strap making guide. The current trend is for big watches with big straps.