Where would you buy a deployant clasp?

Hi all,

I’m looking for a good quality 16mm stainless butterfly double deployant clasp (like the ones pictured). This is for a generic 18>16mm rubber strap.

I bought one of the ones pictured just for proof of concept—it works but it’s a total pos that pops open with the slightest movement of my wrist. Now that I know I like the idea, I’m ready to commit. But I’ve been searching and don’t know where to find a good one. I see many that are designed for leather straps, but not for rubber ones that you trim to fit.

Any recommended brands/sellers?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum—the query didn’t seem right for any of their other ones, and this could potentially be for a modern Omega.

TIA

I have used Hadley Roma deployants for standard leather straps after removing the buckle, but those rubber straps look like they would need something special, and you need to cut them to size.

Yeah—that’s the issue. These cheapo ones are the only ones I’ve found.

Omega used to make one but I think it was 18mm? Maybe midsize version would be 16mm?

That one’s nice but is more dive-claspy than what I’m after. (My concept is more in line with what PP does with the Aquanaut.)

Yeah, I may end up settling for something like that—it’s designed for a leather strap, though. Slightly different mechanism.

Found one, unfortunately doesn't go down to 16mm 😬; still, putting it here in case it helps anyone else. I'll keep an eye out ofc.
Edited:

Thanks! This is all making me feel less incompetent about my inability to find one. Seems like a challenge.

One question. Does your generic rubber strap have the capability to fit into one of these clasps? Because it will need a series of spring bar holes on each side to allow one to cut to fit. I’ve never seen a generic rubber strap like that, and most times the strap and clasp come together. Who made your strap? Surely, they offer a clasp that fits it.

One question. Does your generic rubber strap have the capability to fit into one of these clasps? Because it will need a series of spring bar holes on each side to allow one to cut to fit. I’ve never seen a generic rubber strap like that, and most times the strap and clasp come together. Who made your strap? Surely, they offer a clasp that fits it.

it does—it’s fitted to one (the cheap one linked above) right now. It came with a flimsy stamped dive style clasp. I prefer the butterfly. But am having no luck finding a robust one. But yes, my strap is rubber with the holes and the cut-out-ready trenches on the underside for proper sizing.

I'd say do it! that Frankenwatch thread is interesting, and in your case if you're sanding off the logo so you're certainly eliminating the representative aspect and bringing it back to a 'generic' look.

The new clasp arrived today, and I have to say: so far I'm happy.

This is on my Hamilton Khaki Navy (37mm quartz), which is my beater gym/outdoorsy/yardwork watch. I put it on an inexpensive StrapsCo rubber strap--blue with white stitching to match the watch--and now, with this knock-off Aquanaut clasp I have exactly the setup I wanted but couldn't find. My dremel tool made quick work of the PP branding. I'll do some fine sanding work later to make the finishing look a bit nicer.

It wasn't super-cheap at around $40 for the clasp, but it's a sturdy thing. Much better than the crappy stamped dive clasp the StrapsCo strap came with. I don't know why more brands don't use this PP-type design---it's really secure, elegant, and doesn't rely on springs that can seize up...

Always planned to get one of these to try but I don't think they're available any longer.

https://mywatchmaker.net/1deployantrhd.htm

I have at least ten deployant clasps purchased from Bob Davis - RHD - and they are very high-quality clasps indeed.

Unfortunately, Bob has had some health issues and ceased conducting business perhaps a year or more ago. His old business phone number has been reissued to another person and the lady who received the number fields calls and has to repeatedly tell people Bob is no longer at the number. I've chatted with Bob a number of times and sent photos to him of my watches with his clasps. Nice guy; I hope he is OK.

~ Joe

JPA-1963-Momovox-1.jpg