Forums Latest Members
  1. MidnightWarlock Apr 3, 2013

In my ongoing quest of educating myself in the art of vintage watches, I believe I've hit a rut. While I'm trying to learn movements and cases and refinishes and how they can diminish value, I like to see examples of these kinds of things selling in the real world. Right now I'm currently on two sites - eBay and watchrecon, and neither is updating as quickly as I'd like them to. Forgive me if this topic has been done to death, but a quick search showed nothing relevant. I feel as though I'm missing out on a few very good sites to peruse. Any help?

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 4, 2013

watchrecon doesn't do much vintage, chrono24 is worth a look but its mainly dealers at dealer prices. Looking at the FS forum here and eBay is your best bet, or if you know EXACTLY what you want, post a WTB ad here, someone might have something in your range.

3. MidnightWarlock Apr 4, 2013

Yeah I've been noticing all that in my attempts at finding another site. A WTB is a great idea, I'll post one now. Thanks dsio!

4. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Apr 4, 2013

If you think Omega listings on eBay are slow, you have not looked at the other brands.:D

NT931 likes this.
  5. MidnightWarlock Apr 4, 2013

I can only imagine. Good thing it's the only brand I'm interested in purchasing vintage, I suppose.

6. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 4, 2013

Prob a silly question, but on eBay he you checked you are searching worldwide and not just your home country?

7. StringFellowHawk Apr 4, 2013

Hello
    I am new to this Forum, would ask for some hint where to post a request to buy specific model. Many thanks

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 4, 2013

Are you wanting to buy a used example of a specific watch model? Might be worth placing a WTB ad in the sales forum section here:

http://omegaforums.net/forums/wanted-to-buy/

Use common sense and care when dealing with anyone that responds, ESPECIALLY anyone that wants to immediately conduct business via email.

9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 4, 2013

I would add also, ESPECIALLY anyone responding that is not a registered member here.

10. MidnightWarlock Apr 4, 2013

Yes, I'm looking worldwide.