Where is the pile of Omega links?

Posts
92
Likes
106
Somewhere out there, one could imagine, there's a great big pile of extra links. For any Omega bracelet in the last 20 years, for example. I see used watches for sale all of the time with wrist sizes for 7" and lower. That means? Extra links. Gotta be. Or is there a resource that has them? Yes, I've called an AD and I'm waiting for a response. But is there not a secondary market source?
 
Posts
7,772
Likes
14,363
Believe it or not many bracelets are sized and the owner doesn't want the removed links, or takes them home, tosses them in a drawer and they are eventually thrown out. Same thing happens to the box and papers, it just gets binned.
 
Posts
6,413
Likes
31,473
They are with all the orphaned socks.
May they rest in peace.
 
Posts
1,556
Likes
3,119
I think wherever one purchases their watch keeps the spare links as most don't want them, they just get the bracelet sized. They probably get used over time. My AD provided the required half-link without charge. I specifically asked for the removed links and I have them. If others are like me, great. And then the box, papers, and spare links get thrown away at some point.
 
Posts
16,899
Likes
48,103
Most boutiques will have links…

Most brands don’t include the free 2 extra links anymore. But have them in stock at a boutique for a small fee.
 
Posts
714
Likes
2,763
I normally go to watch band expert for any extra links I need. Most of the time they have them in stock.
 
Posts
92
Likes
106
I normally go to watch band expert for any extra links I need. Most of the time they have them in stock.

Thank you! The first bit of actual help. I appreciate it.
 
Posts
1,556
Likes
3,119
Thank you! The first bit of actual help. I appreciate it.

Or you could go to an AD or OB and get them for free or for a small fee. You know, like every one else said.
 
Posts
24,795
Likes
55,073
Thank you! The first bit of actual help. I appreciate it.

My apologies, I thought this was more of a philosophical thread.
 
Posts
1,853
Likes
4,464
My apologies, I thought this was more of a philosophical thread.


Schrödinger's Link?
 
Posts
92
Likes
106
My apologies, I thought this was more of a philosophical thread.

Nope, it wasn't. I was actually asking. I have since spoken with my Omega store and it's ordered.
 
Posts
92
Likes
106
Schrödinger's Link?

Nothing to do with a cat. Just a simple bracelet link.