Forums Latest Members

Where did you buy your new Speedymaster Pro?

1. Fordex Dec 10, 2017

Shopping around curious to see how many people bought gray market, private dealer, AD, or Omega boutique?

2. BenBagbag Dec 10, 2017

There are numerous threads where people talk about the pro's and con's of buying from each method. Inevitably, someone will recommend @mdgrwl and @Kringkily (I'm sure I forgot a few - and they are excellent). Someone will share their horror story with grey market while others will tell you it went smooth. Others will tell you how they would never buy from anywhere other than a Omega Boutique. So, ya... It's been discussed before.

Fordex likes this.
  3. Sublime_1 Dec 10, 2017

BenBagbag is correct there are tons of articles, forums and publications available but for what it's worth I've bought watches from both and have had positive and negative experiences from each one but nothing so bad that wasn't taken care of with a little effort and kindness on my part.

Another thing to consider when reading posts is people don't generally post about positive experiences, they like to vent. Who wants to read "I bought a 5k Speedmaster online for 3500 and everything went swimmingly and it runs perfect. The end." Never google about a medical procedure right before you do it. ;)

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 10, 2017

What do you mean private dealer? Grey market or AD?

5. jakeh417 Dec 10, 2017

I bought mine from an AD, I did a lot of research and wanted the whole thing. Sales receipt, warranty card filled out and stamped by an AD, and of course the actual manufacturer warranty. It really depends what you want out of it and your expectations. Like others have said, you can search forums for views on each side.

ThePiper and Fordex like this.
  6. speedybob Dec 10, 2017

From an Omega Boutique.

7. jakeh417 Dec 11, 2017

Some sellers actually use the phrase, "private watch dealer".

Example, mdgrwl over at watchuseek, "I am a private watch dealer Atlantic Watch Exchange Co. All of my new watches are purchased from Authorized Dealers only. My watches are 100% authentic."

Fordex likes this.
  8. alam Dec 11, 2017

from an AD and with a generous discount off MSRP :)

9. Theognosis Dec 11, 2017

From your nearest AD. Ask for a big discount and make friends with the sales staff. Next time there's an LE release, you'll get called first.

10. Thegreatroberto Dec 11, 2017

Mine in 2007 was from an independant AD at a time Omega were moving away from dmall accounts and into bef with Goldsmiths et al.
    It was their last Omega let alone a proper Speedmaster. £1100 and it was mine.

Fordex likes this.
  11. hotwheels Dec 11, 2017

This year from oxford street boutique London fantastic service

Fordex likes this.
  12. Fordex Dec 11, 2017

That’s quite a deal you got!

13. Meme-Dweller Dec 11, 2017

I'd gladly buy from a Boutique if the price wasn't $2000 more than what resellers let them go for. For a steel Rolex, you're looking at maybe $500 more which isn't a big deal. Omega really needs to rework their pricing if ADs can let the watch go for 40% off and still make a profit.

Fordex likes this.