Forums Latest Members
  1. AlexDran Feb 18, 2014

Hello all,
    I recently bought watches for my husband but i'm not sure if they r authentical or fake. Where can I check watches authenticity? if they are not fake what model are they?

1.JPG 2.JPG 4.png 3.JPG $_12.JPG
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 18, 2014

This one is genuine and appears to be from the DE VILLE line.

AlexDran likes this.
  3. Dablitzer Feb 18, 2014

Looks legit, your husband is a lucky man if he is being bought vintage omegas ;)

AlexDran likes this.
  4. AlexDran Feb 18, 2014

Thank you! :) On the Omega website, it said the case should be from solid gold but it looks like the plate is coming off on some parts of the watch case. Is it ok?

5.png 6.png
  5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 18, 2014

The Omega website typically lists only one version for any given reference, this one was available in all gold, all stainless steel as well as your gold plated with steel back.

PLAQUE OR means gold plated, the higher the MICRON number the thicker the layer of plating, typically 20-80 microns.

6. AlexDran Feb 18, 2014

Thanks a lot!!!!

7. Northernman Lemaniac Feb 18, 2014

Hi!
    If the watch is worn too badly it is possible to re-plate a case like yours.
    These guys have done great work on one of my watches that was bruised and worn more than I cared for.
    http://replateit.com/Watch_cases.html
    There are sure to be others as well, but prices and service was good, end result was great!

UncleBuck and rhetoric like this.
  8. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Feb 19, 2014

Quadrophenic-Schizophrenia (A marker for future reference, learned from the master)

How did the edge sharpness come out after replating? was caseback a snap or screw? How did it fit?

We all appreciate a good source!

9. Northernman Lemaniac Feb 19, 2014

Full story linked (watchmaker) in this thread: http://omegaforums.net/threads/zenith-chronometer-caliber-40t-back-from-the-graveyard.8687/

I was positively surprised the way it came out. This specific Zenith case is not sharp as a Connie originally, so it was maybe well suited for the replating, but at least it came back in a very nice way. Screw in caseback fits like a dream!

And some more pics:
    bilde 1.JPG bilde 3.JPG