When Your Body Is 65 And Your Brain Thinks You’re Still 25 …

I’ve met too many folks in Connecticut where I’ll be retiring who play pickleball and remind me of the “athletes” in this video.

Well, retiring in Connecticut is your first mistake ::stirthepot::

Like 3
Yeah, I know, I lived there for 20 years, but it’s a nice quality of life and there are family considerations as well.

Like 3
Did not seem to bother Samuel L. Clemens. Then again he had a lot to say about the weather.

Like 2
Had an extreme meniscus tear repaired about twelve months ago. Had 6 weeks off work and just able to kneel properly.

Don't rush the mend is my only advice. (As was my surgeon and Physio,s)

Hope you'll recover fast !

I'm hesitating myself between getting back to some routine to avoid aging too fast ...or just going this way :Capture d’écran 2024-06-13 à 20.17.03.png

Golf = paddock pool
do you know why they called it Golf?.......all the other 4 letter words were taken!

This is what happens …
IMG_7263.jpeg
So in my youth I was an avid rock climber, skier, tennis player, jogger and tried lots of other sports including surfing, windsurfing and kayaking. So as I aged, I thought it prudent to slow down a bit and take up golf. So the result? A torn meniscus in my right knee from teeing off a bit too exuberantly. Surgery next month. Well, I’m going down swinging. I’ll drown in my sea kayak before I give that up!
:D
You don't stopping doing those things because you get old - you get old because you stop being active. Sorry to hear about the knee issue, but wishing you are on the mend soon and remain active. I am 59 and still play hardball baseball fast pitch with others in their 50s. Father time is undefeated and some day I won't be able to play anymore. But not looking to slow down nor stop.

Like 1
You don't stopping doing those things because you get old - you get old because you stop being active. Sorry to hear about the knee issue, but wishing you are on the mend soon and remain active. I am 59 and still play hardball baseball fast pitch with others in their 50s. Father time is undefeated and some day I won't be able to play anymore. But not looking to slow down nor stop.
Up to a point, that’s true, but I wouldn’t advise a 59 year old to engage in sheer face rock climbing or ice climbing. Guts will get you only so far and then they’ll get you killed.

Like 1
I can still do this and it beats the shit out of golf …

Most everything beats the shit out of golf.
Healing thoughts coming your way. This body older than your mind realizes thing is a bit of a drag from time to time .. I too have first hand experience

Two torn minuscus, left and right knee, two torn rotata cuffs left and right in the last couple of years and a myriad of other nasties I assure you I know exactly the feeling.
All done doing things I used to do 30 years ago.

Greg realizes he's not 25 anymore.
hqdefault.jpg

Like 3
Greg realizes he's not 25 anymore.
hqdefault.jpg
“I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!” Lol.

Like 2
“I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!” Lol.

How come.....every time I have to bend down, some bastard has moved the ground further away?
And worse every time I go to get up, the bastard has moved it even further!

Like 1
I had to go to the emergency room in Monterey, CA about two decades ago while there on work travel (put a box cutter through my hand trying to open a tube of graphite lubricant- one of those moments you realize as you are doing it- oh, this isn’t going to end well). When I walked in it was a sea of grey hair wearing Calloway swag holding ice packs to their knees, ankles, wrists, face.

I realized I wasn’t going to get seen ahead of such carnage despite leaving a crime- scene trail across the waiting room floor, so asked a nurse to just look at my hand and tell me how to treat it myself. She gave me a list of things to get at the local Walgreens and with my mental check list, I patched myself up in the sink of the local motel and thanked my lucky stars I didn’t have to risk my life at Spyglass the next morning.

Like 2