Forums Latest Members

"when I get older": black or grey concerning color of font

1. Aroxx Sets his watch Feb 26, 2023

You're correct it is a gray color. I have young "good" eyes and I frequently increase the text size on most webpages (ctrl/cmd +). Most text is very small on the web. No reason to strain the eyes, just blow it up.

hex.png

Fallout Boy and marcn like this.
  2. Boojumhunter Feb 26, 2023

I trick I learned many moons ago for high-stakes presentations was to use 95% black (ie very slightly grey) text on a 5% black (ie very VERY light grey) background. Drops the contrast but in a barely noticeable way, and improves readability. Some web designers will lean into this. Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 06.55.25.png

Aroxx and Fallout Boy like this.
  3. MRC Feb 26, 2023

In my last full-time job, when I was already in my mid-fifties, our marketing people came up with a new design of business cards for everyone. Text was a fashionable light grey on white background. I went to see them and asked if the individuals who would make decisions on our quite expensive software would be nearer my age or theirs. Well they'd be at the older end of course. So why do you make these that I and people my age struggle to read?

Fallout Boy likes this.
  4. elena.bog Feb 27, 2023

MRC likes this.
  5. RevZMan123 Feb 27, 2023

You have an avatar of a Vault Boy and your name is Fallout Boy ... I was making a gaming joke about too many RADs ... my bad, not everyone lives in my head.

[​IMG]

Fallout Boy likes this.