Forums Latest Members

When dealers write descriptions

1. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Apr 4, 2021

Not all dealers write over over the top, pull on the heart strings to make you feel important, flowery descriptions, but I have seen fair few that do... and, well, this one swung for the fences.

$295,000 Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711-1A
    64343D27-1997-41B7-A7FB-226B55291702.jpeg

The description
    “The eternal and now discontinued Patek Philippe 5711/1A Nautilus BLUE DIAL STEEL watch.
    This is not your regular 5711 Nautilus, but the very rare and desirable TIFFANY & Co. DOUBLE SIGNED Dial.
    Not just any Tiffany dial, but from THE Tiffany store in New York, N.Y.

For me, I think this is THE watch to have for many reasons.

In the watch world, Patek has always stood on its own. It is its own entity and can not be compared to any other watch brand. Each brand has its place but Patek is PATEK.
    Within Patek, the Nautilus from its inception has always been something special. THE 5711 Nautilus become for many something to have.
    Sport, Simple, Slim, Elegant and all you would ever really need.
    3 hands, date, stainless steel sport watch from Patek.
    The Nautilus 5711 has become very collectable for reasons that are just.

For Collectors the DOUBLE SIGNED dials holds a special place in their hearts, separating them even more for others.
    Ironically, much like the "rich getting richer" separating themselves even more.
    I especially love that most wouldn't even know what this watch really is unless they have the privilege to coming close and/or speaking with the owner.
    To have it signed TIFFANY & Co. of all other Iconic Brands, makes it that much more important and special bridging two brands, continents and icons.
    The all American Tiffany & Co. jewellery store with the Swiss Prized watch maker Patek Philippe

The steel Nautilus is understated in of itself but the Tiffany dial even more so. One of the main reasons why I love it so much!
    There are many standard 5711/1A on the market, but only 1 other Tiffany 5711/1A that I know of actually in stock ( asking over $350,000+ ).
    This watch will call to a discerning collector and that person would be more than willing to pay just about anything to get it. Granted those select few also want a deal and this is exactly what this watch is. It is the most reasonable, very rare, collectable, great investment, fabulous, historic watch to have and enjoy!

It is JUST PERFECT!

This watch is complete with its DOUBLE BOX, TIFFANY BLUE outer box, PP Brown inner box, Patek Wood and leather lined display box, Papers, and Proper Certificate of Origin dated June 17th 2018 from the N.Y,.Tiffany & Co. store ( The name and all is still intact - the cross out as you see it in the picture is just a photo shopped image edit - the papers are perfect )

Great condition and never been polished, no dings, marks or scratches. It has been babied. There are some very light marks where the bracelet folding clasp connects the two halves of the classic Nautilus bracelet from opening and closing -Very minor.
    The rest of the watch is perfect.
    *Whatever you may be seeing is reflections from my pictures.
    You can see some of the original stickers on the inside of the clasp.
    It really is in wonderful condition.
    All the links are in place. All Complete.
    Functionally Working perfectly!

I can not stress the importance of this watch. Its beauty. Its historic significance, now being discontinued (ironically announced in 2021 during the COVID world wide pandemic), and most importantly the pleasure it brings to those who truly appreciate it.

This is not something that can be ordered anymore, regardless of how badly you want it or how long you are willing to wait, your status, connections or reasoning.
    There are a finite Steel 5711 TIFFANY watches and THAT IS IT!
    This is a privilege and an opportunity for those who understand.
    I hope it goes to an appreciative rightful owner
    Best wishes to whoever that may be, and please enjoy it in good health.”

yvrclimber likes this.
  2. shishy www.hpmor.com Apr 4, 2021

Sellers gotta sell ;)

3. Braindrain Apr 4, 2021

At least he's throwing in free shipping. But it's going through the authenticator.

Should we start a pool whether the papers make it out alive?

JwRosenthal and yvrclimber like this.
  4. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Apr 4, 2021

I think my favorite part is the "(ironically announced in 2021 during the COVID world wide pandemic)" -- that alone adds $245k to the price

5. JwRosenthal Apr 4, 2021

I got bored into the second paragraph. Talk about walking back a sale

6. Rado63 Apr 4, 2021

Any seasoned Patek collector would not need the back story as they would already be aware of the piece and only need condition, and completeness of the kit to determine the value. All I can add is double signed items seem to become more valuable among collectors to their exclusivity.

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 4, 2021

At some point during writing that you know he climaxed. I still love the 5711 even if its an overhyped mess now. Oh well…

Scarecrow Boat and shishy like this.
  8. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Apr 4, 2021

A fantasy description aimed at a credulous buyer.

I hope they will find happiness together :whistling:

Scarecrow Boat likes this.