Forums Latest Members
  1. ginty Dec 7, 2013

Hi guys,

I am in love with the way this watch looks and have been meaning to purchase a nice watch for a while. Is there anything to note about this watch? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1954s-Vin...es_Watches_MensWatches_GL&hash=item3f2ccf4508Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    I'd hope the watch is legitimate with the sellers feedback but i could be wrong? is the price of this watch correct also?
    sorry for going on i just want to make sure everything is fine before thinking about pulling the trigger on it.
    cheers guys!

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 7, 2013

Bad redial, poor movement, pitted case.

Run away even at half the price.

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 7, 2013

What do I think?

Yech! :eek:
    gatorcpa

4. Hijak Dec 7, 2013

Run for your life!::puke::

5. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 7, 2013

Rule of thumb for eBay: avoid any listing that has that split vision style of photo. They're generally all low quality redials.

6. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Dec 7, 2013

A dog, as suggested above, and anyone who has to use a tautology in their seller's handle to labour a point and perhaps conceal other intentions, as in "genuine" and "authentic", is genuinely and authentically an eejit of the first order.

He is perhaps also unaware of the power of contradiction, as a dial refinished in such a blatant_unsubtle manner adds to the amusement value of the listing.

Cheers

Desmond

7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 7, 2013

"Eejit" ="Idiot" for us Yanks.

Always good to learn something new, Des.
    gatorcpa

8. ulackfocus Dec 7, 2013

Often preceded by "feckin". Available in the gift shop downstairs.

feckineejit_small_mug.jpg images-2.jpeg images-3.jpeg images-1.jpeg images.jpeg eejit_apron-rb81b6190a3aa4bd7b734d53a89d619b3_v9wt2_8byvr_324.jpg

9. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 8, 2013

You can't have a discussion about eejits without this:

John R Smith likes this.
  10. John R Smith Dec 8, 2013

This seller has dozens of other Omegas just like this. In fact, he is a total pain because he takes perfectly nice genuine but patinated Seamasters etc out of circulation and inflicts this sort of crap on them. OCWatchco in the USA also comes to mind.

11. ChrisN Dec 8, 2013

As everyone else says, it isn't a nice example but, it's not easy when you first look. The Guys on here have a lot of knowledge and are happy to pass it on however, nobody seems to have mentioned the 'For sale' forum here. This looks a nice watch to me from a similar era:
    http://omegaforums.net/threads/1963...shell-stainless-steel-reference-165-020.8956/

The seller, Norman, is a safe bet and I have bought a watch from him. Remember that if you are based in Europe, you will pay import duties of about 20% on top of the price if it is from outside the EU. Anyway, you don't have to buy this one as there are always watches for sale here (you can lose many hours just looking. I know!) and you can look for feedback on the seller in this forum:

http://omegaforums.net/forums/watch-seller-profiles/

Best of luck finding what you want.

Chris.