Forums Latest Members

What's your guilty dining pleasure?

1. Baco Noir Nov 14, 2014

Yeah, that is new to me too. When I decant, it's the same day and usually just an hour or so ahead of time.

2. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Nov 14, 2014

I just popped and started drinking my first (definitely not my last!) bottle of Graham's 10 year tawny.

It is amazingly good. Especially with pecan pie and chocolate!

[​IMG]

Thanks, Dennis!

Baco Noir likes this.
  3. ulackfocus Nov 14, 2014

You're quite welcome! Graham's is the gold standard for tawny port, and that's not just my opinion. I like the 10 better than the 20 because it's less oaky.

However, should you take a shining to port, you should splurge on a single bottle of Graham's or Taylor Fladgate from either 1970 or 1977. It won't be cheap but is an experience any port fan should have. You never know until you try, eh? On the opposite end of the scale price-wise is Renault. I don't think there's a better sub-$30 dollar tawny available. I'm not far from the winery and catch it on sale once in a while for $16.99 a bottle. Check your PM's.

4. haga888 Nov 15, 2014

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416055611.833392.jpg

As a Canadian I feel like it's my duty to eat a box of KD at least once a year. Usually without the coloured stuff but it's the only way my wife would let me eat it.

Archer likes this.
  5. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Nov 15, 2014

A reasonably heavy cut Porterhouse is often referred to as a "His & Her" steak. A strip steak for him and a filet for her ;-)

6. ulackfocus Nov 16, 2014

7. NT931 Nov 16, 2014

The post count farming is making this billy goat ... gruff.

8. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Nov 16, 2014

Yes, but I've noticed this morning that there's been alot of 'cleaning' of those P.C.F.P.'s this morning...good work, guys!!

NT931 likes this.
  9. Baco Noir Nov 16, 2014

These posts made me hunger for pecan pie and port at Thanksgiving. Unfortunately my wife has a gluten intolerance, so I'd either have to eat a whole pie (& I'm diabetic) or just buy a slice at a store somewhere, which I may have to do. My mom made the best pecan pie I've ever had and these posts have me drooling for a piece, with the port of course.

dougiedude likes this.
  10. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Nov 16, 2014

My mom too!

I got mine (that you see in the photo) from Trader Joe's. If you have a TJ,you might try there, as they arent very big, and you can still eat the whole thing!

Baco Noir likes this.
  11. Baco Noir Nov 16, 2014

On a cold winter day, it seems appropriate to make my buffalo chili to serve with a grilled cheese sandwich for a great comfort food lunch.

[​IMG]

I'm glad I winterized the waterfall last weekend since it's been snowing with some subzero temps this week.

[​IMG]

dougiedude and bigdubnick like this.
  12. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Nov 16, 2014

Just had some chili that a friend made for a bunch of us after a group bike ride, and that was pretty tasty, but yours looks incredible!:thumbsup:

13. alam Nov 16, 2014

and some excellent, relaxing days of summer Sundays on the deck :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Dengar Nov 16, 2014

toast + peanut butter + Huy Fong chili garlic + banana slices = happiness

15. DocHolliday Nov 17, 2014

Bob's Steakhouse in Dallas, TX.

26oz. Bone-in Rib eye Medium-rare.

In the words of JD, and Turk from Scrubs " It's steak night, and we're gonna eat it right"

16. ulackfocus Nov 20, 2014

Gentlemen, it's a GOOD night tonight!

IMG_6961.JPG

Truth be told, the '77 Graham's or '85 Warre's is a little more my style because they have more zing in the fruit department - but that can overpower chocolate so they're both better when drank solo. The slightly more muted / tamed (depending on your outlook) flavor of Taylor Fladgate is a much better combination with dark chocolate when you let them merge in your mouth as they warm together. What a great toasty feeling on a cold night! ::love::

scook94 and Baco Noir like this.
  17. Baco Noir Nov 23, 2014

Nice dinner at home tonight. Bison steaks, baby bella risotto, and grilled asparagus served with a 2000 Chateaunuef da Pape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Matty01 and Privateday7 like this.
  18. usfpaul82 Nov 23, 2014

Cheers everyone!

image.jpg

Llewis123 likes this.
  19. Shem Nov 23, 2014

italy1861, woodwkr2 and epl108 like this.
  20. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 23, 2014

I like lots of things that are bad for me, and I have cut back on them considerably...

Probably before my recent heart attack, this was my favourite meal. Not something I ate often, but my guilty pleasure as the thread suggests. Pierogi (various types like plain potato and cheese, sometimes with onions, or bacon inside also), couple of eggs over easy, and a bunch of fried onions...I would also fry up some sliced Polish sausage if I had any on hand. If I was forced to choose a last meal, this would be it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have to get a little bit of everything on the fork - it's heaven...

[​IMG]

Of course limiting my cholesterol, one egg is more than they want me having in a day, so although I have had pierogi, it's only with onions and no eggs. :(

On a slightly different topic, but still food, I was happy to learn from my (somewhat puzzled) dietitican that I can still eat my favourite sandwich for lunch:

[​IMG]

I know it sounds odd, but use a Spanish or sweet onion, and it's very tasty! :)

Cheers, Al

Privateday7 likes this.