Forums Latest Members

What's wrong with the Alaska project currently listed on ebay?

1. gee_cee Jul 17, 2015

There's an Alaska Project Speedmaster up on ebay for $4800 buy-it-now - I spotted it through a link which someone here has posted in the Auctions section above.

It's been there for weeks and weeks now - is it overpriced?? I'll admit to a vested interest as I have one of these models myself and I'm curious.

2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jul 17, 2015

They are a tough sell, and they are readily available.
    Dealers often have them priced high, and do not sell them.
    I like them, indeed own one, but I believe for the moment they are bumping along the depths of desireablity, perhaps to surface in a few years - but not just yet.
    While they are a limited edition, there are a lot of them.

3. gee_cee Jul 17, 2015

That's interesting. The very reason I joined this forum was on the quest for one as I wasn't having much luck. I can't say I've seen very many for sale since either? Given the price I paid recently for my other LE speedmaster (Apollo 11 45th) and the current list on the regular moonwatch, the Alaska project seemed something of a bargain by comparison.

4. WatchVaultNYC Jul 17, 2015

A couple of months ago I saw a NEW Alaska Project in a backwater Omega Boutique in asia. How much do you think those are worth?

5. gee_cee Jul 17, 2015

I've no idea!? Do tell..

6. Maganator Jul 17, 2015

There's one for $4300 as well (UK site). I have no idea if its real or not though.

They are quite nice looking watches.

7. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Jul 17, 2015

I don't know when it happened, but the one on the auctions section of this site is showing as "out of stock" so I think it has been bought.

8. Gaz6263 Jul 17, 2015

I paid £2600 for mine, from an AD, last year.