Forums Latest Members

What's included appearance wise for an Omega service?

1. avidmark Jul 19, 2019

I'm in the market for a 2254. A local one is a good price but the watch is very "tired looking" astheticly (slightly faded bezel, hands have some patina, loads of scratches on the case and bracelet,bezel not functioning). Will all these be replaced with a service from Omega or are these things outside of a service? Ideally I'd like the watch to look brand new.
    Thanks.

IMG_20190710_125809.jpg
  2. Pepe Lucas Jul 19, 2019

In my experience, most of the parts that need to be replaced will be included in the service. Hands, crystal, crown and movement parts. They also retouch the case and bracelets. I don’t know if they would replace the bezel insert but I would think so. They will tell you exactly what the watch needs and send you an estimate including any extra charges. You can approve it or deny it. I have only dealt directly with boutiques, not ADs. I felt like the ADs didn’t care about the service of the watch and you have better communication directly from a Boutique.

3. Stangd Jul 19, 2019

Just had mine serviced, a full service...almost $900. Here is a picture of the parts they replaced. They did an outstanding job......however it took almost 4 months lol. 8461747E-4C26-4A47-8E53-934AC67AE1BB.jpeg

4. Diver88 Jul 19, 2019

What's and ADs ?

5. rainking Jul 19, 2019

You’ll have to pay several hundred extra if you want a new bezel or bezel insert. Not included.

6. Pepe Lucas Jul 19, 2019

Authorized Dealer. They sell Omega but they might sell other brands and even jewelry. Like Tourneau, Jared etc. An Omega boutique only sells Omega and they are Omega owned so everything goes a little faster.

Martin_J_N likes this.
  7. Martin_J_N Jul 19, 2019

AD = Authorised Dealer

You can buy Omega watches from Omega direct, via the OB's (Omega Boutique) or from a jeweller who is authorised to sell Omega watches, hence the AD

8. Pepe Lucas Jul 19, 2019

I would ask about the insert and not assume that there is a charge. I have sent some vintage watches like this one and they replaced the inner bezel. They also replaced hands, crystal, crown and pushers. image.jpg

9. rainking Jul 19, 2019

I’m not assuming anything. I had my circa-2000 Seamaster chrono serviced by Omega last year. Bezel insert is extra.

10. Pepe Lucas Jul 19, 2019

11. avidmark Jul 19, 2019

I've heard Omega tries to make your watch new again when serviced, hence the vintage being restored issue.
    I appreciate your replies. I'm trying to decide between a tired watch that needs box/work with papers that was originally purchased locally, or a exceptional example w/out box or papers at a higher price.

watchfisher likes this.
  12. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jul 19, 2019

Bezel and crystal are not included in a standard service, and are not cheap.
    Better to pay a bit more for one in good condition IMHO.
    Box and papers are not much use for a watch that was discontinued over a decade ago.

89-0, Archer and avidmark like this.
  13. Diver88 Jul 19, 2019

Thank you! That info is actually really helpful.

14. Bimmerman77 Jul 19, 2019

There is a charge for the bezel. They added a new one on my 2531 last year and it was about $300. Just got my 2254 back from an Omega service two months ago. They replaced all gaskets, refinished case and bracelet, and I asked them to replace the seconds hand since mine was turning orange. All told it was a little over $700. 6CFDC0B0-415A-4DC6-B68A-0AA65B84F23B.jpeg

ACTmike, watchfisher and Wetworks like this.
  15. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 19, 2019

Those of you using the word 'insert' wrt to the SMP be aware that there is no such thing*. Same with the Speedmaster. Omega only supply the full bezel assembly. As noted, to replace it at service time is chargeable and will result in a bill maybe ~£175/$250 more than the already hefty std charge. Other items like hands, crown are included but a damaged crystal would be a further ~£150/$200. A tired SMP is not a cost effective entry into tidy SMP ownership, it can be a money pit. Better to buy a tidy one.

*if you see an insert offered for sale for the SMP eg on Ebay, it is aftermarket crap.

16. avidmark Jul 19, 2019

Sounds like its best to pay the premium for the better condition watch even though no box/papers.

17. Bimmerman77 Jul 19, 2019

This exactly. Rolex put a new insert into my sub 16610, but after wrecking my motorcycle two years ago and scratching my bezel insert on my 2531, Omega replaced the entire bezel. All of the inserts on eBay are nasty looking garbage

watchfisher likes this.
  18. Diver88 Jul 19, 2019

It looks like there are three Omega service centers here in the US...Florida, New Jersey and Souther California. I'm about 40 minutes from one of them and would like to take my Seamaster there. I get the Omega botique thing noted above, but I'm thinking the botique store is just going to send it to one of those service centers. And being so close, I can save some time and the number of people invloved by just going to the service center direct.

Any thoughts or words of advice from anyone on any of the three Omega service centers? Is one better than the other or are they all good? Anything to watch out for?

19. Pepe Lucas Jul 19, 2019

you are wright, the AD or boutique will send the watch to a service center. I don’t know if you can walk directly to the service center and give the watch directly. I believe that there’s a form that you can use to mail the watch your self. Go on the Omega website, maybe they have the address.

20. Bimmerman77 Jul 19, 2019

I never go through the boutique. I send it straight to the NJ service center. I’ve actually used Nj, Miami and Washington, and have had the best luck with NJ and Washington. Wasn’t real happy with the Miami one. My speedy came back with scratches all over the clasp and was running very slow after the overhaul.