Forums Latest Members

What's in your collection?

1. NickM Aug 16, 2015

So, after browsing the forums and seeing everyone's posts in WRUW I'm interested in what your collections look like. I'm slowly building my collection and just purchased the Omega Speedmaster on the right. I'm already looking for my next fix. I definitely want to get the original moon watch and the Grey Side of the Moon edition.

Don't mind my cheapo watch box that I only bought for travel, I know I need to upgrade haha.

2015-08-16 13.35.57.jpg
    Darlinboy likes this.
  2. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Aug 16, 2015

I'm a big Swiss automatic chronograph fan, especially the Valjoux 7750, especially in an Omega watch. Round about way of saying I love your Omega Date model with the blue dial.
    I see these threads occasionally and want to participate, but lately it seems I have one or two in the shop. I just got one back yesterday, and I'm waiting about two more weeks for the last piece. THEN I'll do a group photo, I promise!

3. Hijak Aug 26, 2015

Congratulations on your new Speedmaster Nick, love those blue dials, they look fantastic in person...photos don't do them justice!:thumbsup:

4. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Sep 17, 2015

Well! Y'all can stop holding yer breath!
    Finally got the last piece back from service. So now the small collection is complete. Here's a picture of the watch box, in the order acquired (top to bottom, left to right) with a brief description of each:
    (Pardon the crappy phone camera pics, one without and one with flash)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    1) Cartier Roadster reference 2510, Tuxedo dial: this was a gift for my 40th birthday from my wife. I now have two deployant clasps and five leather straps (proprietary lugs make strap changes very easy with OEM straps), and the steel bracelet.
    2) Omega Geneve, circa1967: Holds a 24-jewel caliber 565. Given to me by the priest who married my wife and I. He bought it new, and stuck it in a drawer when it stopped. Naturally, I had it serviced.
    3) Patek Philippe reference 5980/1A. My grail watch for years. I acquired it last year when I abandoned my "one real nice dress watch, one real nice sport watch" plan. Traded my Patek 5296G-010 Calatrava and my Patek 5167A-001 plus cash. No regrets.
    4) Longines Grand Prize, circa 1967. Despite acquiring the grail, I couldn't give up the hunt. I acquired three Grand Prize models. I sold the first two, but this one couldn't find a new home for a price I could agree to, so I kept it.
    5) Hamilton Pan Europ chronograph. My other post-grail indulgence was Hamilton chronos from grey market dealer Ashford.com. This was the fourth and favorite, so I sold the previous three.
    6) IWC Porsche Design Titan chronograph. I bought and sold three of this model as my goals changed, but it has long (since my first in 1989!) been a favorite. Since I had sold two Longines and three Hamiltons, I bought this with the proceeds.
    The box has four more empty slots AND an identical, empty 10-slot box beside it. Do all the enabling you want, for I am completely safe from your suggestions. Loosely translated: I have no money for a seventh watch, much less a twentieth.

5. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Sep 17, 2015

Just noticed a complete dial color change on the Hamilton Pan Europe chronograph from natural light to flash. Weird!

6. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Sep 17, 2015

Oops, Doppelpost!

7. IRCM Sep 17, 2015

No photo to post at the moment, but I have:
    1953 Omega cal 283 (being serviced as I type)
    1991 Tag Heuer 2000 Professional automatic chronograph
    1998 Longines Flagship
    2013 IWC Portofino automatic chronograph
    2015 Steinhart Nav B-Uhr manual-winding

If I could add another, I'd love something by Dubey & Schaldenbrand (Aerodyn or Caprice)

8. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Sep 17, 2015

Nice watches guys!

I have never take a group shot, though I always enjoy seeing others. :)

9. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Sep 17, 2015

I ended up selling the Speedyiorite and then purchased the Ed White. Simply could not get over the sapphire, and could not be happier with my current speedy collection.

IMG_20150825_163936.jpg

Gavin, gemini4 and travisrock like this.
  10. travisrock Sep 17, 2015

Nautilus is one watch that had to grow on me, but it's now up there in top 5 at 20k+ that I want to own one day. beautiful assortment

11. broulstone Sep 19, 2015

[​IMG]just part of my collection have added several since this photo[emoji106]

12. Pvt-Public Sep 19, 2015

If I stopped wasting money on these and the parts and tools to fix them,
    P2082102.JPG
    I would have the money to buy more of these.
    P2082101.JPG