WHAT YEAR IS MY SEAMASTER MID SIZE?

Hello all. As a relatively new watch "enthusiast", I wondered if anyone could help me out in terms of some Omega Seamaster history.

I'm a recent owner of an Omega Seamaster Mid Size Automatic. I've noticed that there are a lot of mid size Seamasters where the "Seamaster" logo is either white or red and is actually situated above below the centre of the dial above "professional".

I wondered if someone could advise me as to what year my watch would be? And that it's hopefully a legit one too. I have box and cards etc, but I'm intrigued what everyone's opinion is. Thanks.

If you have the cards you presumably have the date sold but that model was seen from circa 2008-2011 until the ceramic bezel model came iin AFAIK. It was preceded by the original mid sized Bond which had the white SM text and wasn’t coaxial.

If you have the cards you presumably have the date sold but that model was seen from circa 2008-2011 until the ceramic bezel model came iin AFAIK. It was preceded by the original mid sized Bond which had the white SM text and wasn’t coaxial.

Yep, I do have the serial number. I checked online and says the watch has been made in 2007. Does this sound about right given the fact that this model was seen from 2008 onwards?

There's a stamp in the jeweller section which appears to have a date on it but this doesn't really make sense. There is no date written in the Date section of the Warranty card which is odd.

Don’t believe online date lists, they are at best approximations. Can you post a pic of the dealer stamp, maybe we can decipher it.

Don’t believe online date lists, they are at best approximations. Can you post a pic of the dealer stamp, maybe we can decipher it.
Good luck figuring this one out! It's quite smudged. Thanks.

Hmm Japanese? They use a different calendar based on the emperor don’t they? Maybe someone can decipher it.

Great knowledge! I think you may be right! It looks like 21 could potentially be 2008. Which would make much more sense. But yes, if anyone else is more au fait with that style of calendar, then that would be helpful.

Interesting thread and congrats on your new acquisition. From memory, the second generation Seamaster Professional with co-axial movement was produced from 2006 onwards. If your watch was sold to its first owner in Japan during year 21 of the Heisei era (Emperor Akihito's reign, which began on 8-1-1989), then it would date your watch to the year 2010. It therefore could have been up to 4 years old at the time of sale. This is certainly possible as I have the previous generation midsize Seamaster Pro which was purchased new from an AD in 2005, even though the watch had been out of production since 2003.

Interesting thread and congrats on your new acquisition. From memory, the second generation Seamaster Professional with co-axial movement was produced from 2006 onwards. If your watch was sold to its first owner in Japan during year 21 of the Heisei era (Emperor Akihito's reign, which began on 8-1-1989), then it would date your watch to the year 2010. It therefore could have been up to 4 years old at the time of sale. This is certainly possible as I have the previous generation midsize Seamaster Pro which was purchased new from an AD in 2005, even though the watch had been out of production since 2003.
Ah that's interesting. Thanks very much for your help!

Very nice SM. What are the case size and reference?
Sorry for noob question... 🤔

Very nice SM. What are the case size and reference?
Sorry for noob question... 🤔
Hey p_rover.

I believe the reference is: 2222.80.00
And the case size is 36mm. Smaller size is great for me as I have a slimmer wrist.
I gravitated towards this generation of the Seamaster mid size as I really like the red Seamaster positioned beneath the Omega logo. There is a balance to it in my opinion. Whereas on other generations, the Seamaster logo is positioned elsewhere.

Thank you! I didn't know coaxial were still available in mid size, as I prefer it over the standard 41 mm.
Your is beautiful! Awesome conditions.
I have a midsize SM in my wishlist radar and now I'm happy to know there is also a coaxial version.