Forums Latest Members
  1. Cosd Apr 21, 2016

A friend of mine has a Breitling Navitimer on a croc strap bought brand new a few years ago. Watch is out of warranty.

He decided that he wanted to buy a brand new bracelet for it and off he went to an AD. On trying to fit the new bracelet, the AD discovered that the lug holes were not parallel and therefor couldn't fit the bracelet. He took the watch in and sent it to Breitling for inspection.

If that was your watch, what outcome would you expect?

2. Kobus Apr 21, 2016

Inherent defect = "fixed" for free

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. Fer Seamaster Apr 21, 2016

I would require Breitling for the highest compensation possible. Including a replacemen --- Perhaps?

The problem is that the watch was thought to be worn with a strap... and misallignment on lug holes does not imply that the strap does not work... so the watch is functional as it was initially sold.

4. Cosd Apr 21, 2016

Im not sure they can fix it being the allingment is so slightly out. They would need to refill and re drill, I wouldn't be happy with that IMHO

5. Cosd Apr 21, 2016

You're right, and whilst the leather strap has some play and allows for imperfection, the bracelet doesn't.

Edited Apr 22, 2016
  6. Cosd Apr 22, 2016

No more thoughts on this?

7. ulackfocus Apr 22, 2016

I think it's a first world problem that wouldn't bother me because bracelets are icky. ;) :p

Fritz and cimo like this.
  8. Cosd Apr 22, 2016

The issue isn't to do with the bracelet fitting or not. It's about a watch with a manufacturer defect isn't it?

9. ulackfocus Apr 22, 2016

Lighten up, Francis. It was a light-hearted joke. Besides, aren't you asking for a "friend"?

bristnj likes this.
  10. Cosd Apr 22, 2016

I think you may have taken my reply as something it wasn't. I'm not offended or upset with your reply.

11. Perseus Apr 22, 2016

I'd go for Breitling mesh
    [​IMG]

EtherMan likes this.
  12. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Apr 22, 2016

Was the lug bent slightly over years of wear? I imagine that's what Breitling will determine.

13. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Apr 22, 2016

+1 ... and breitling making sure that watchcase never sees the light of day again

14. ulackfocus Apr 22, 2016

No harm, no foul then!

15. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Apr 22, 2016

I've got a Longines with one of the holes drilled so far off center that the edge of the lug, on the bottom, is slightly bulged & cracked, I wonder if I should take it in? Checked under the shadow graph at work it appears it actually cracked during drilling as the drill was working too close to the surface of the lug. (it sometimes helps to work in QA at a bearing manufacturer!) So its actually held up okay during use.

I presume its been worn on a strap for its entire life and wasn't noticed until recently.... but what the hell.....

its only 72 years old after all....

Breitling can do the honorable thing and replace the case or they can stand by their warranty period rights and say sorry, warranty is done and anyway, its not broken when worn in the form it was sold in. Its sometimes surprising how nice large companies can be.

Or how shitty!

It will be interesting to see how they handle this.

16. bristnj Apr 22, 2016

The name is Francis Sawyer, but everyone calls me psycho! Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill ya!
    [​IMG]