Forums Latest Members
  1. itsbeeroclock Oct 23, 2013

This eBay auction finished just a few hours ago, and I'm surprised at what it made. There are some interesting dials and movements there, but still $9500?
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OMEGA-ROLEX-LONGINES-CHRONOGRAPH-OTHERS-MOVEMENTS-PARTS-/271300736145?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&nma=true&si=yYSt8KwYvmlyJujQC3TMVx0YFhc%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=ncPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I can see there is a Speedmaster? middle case (don't know which), and maybe a band. At least one Rolex chrono (Cosmograph?) movement with a dial. What I think is a Rolex Oyster case. But there must have been something else very rare in there, does anyone else recognise what?

2. michael e Still learning. Oct 23, 2013

Could have been the Rolex 18k Daytona with valjoux 72.
    I was tempted but the inner case looked wrong and the sellers description was a bit vague compared to the pocket watches he had sold in the past.
    Someone might have got a bargain.
    Thanks Mick

3. pitpro Likes the game. Oct 28, 2013

I think that's what it was.
    I'd recognize those lugs anywhere.
    The dial is in there also with the bezel.
    The movement must be there too

4. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Oct 29, 2013

yes, movement is there as well. but with these the value is in the dial. the way it was chucked into the box with everything thrown in, i`d not want that risk..... and there have been fakes around for a while..... kind regards. achim