Forums Latest Members
  1. unlvbug Mar 9, 2012

Good Afternoon. I received a watch from my uncle's estate. The watch is not working properly and a local watch repair shop told me it is a lost cause and would need an complete movement. From my research the movement seems to be an 30TRG. Can anyone provide advice on what other steps I can/should take? I would like to see the watch functional again as I am a watch fan, but I'm not sure it makes sense to proceed with repairs. Any advice would be appreciated. Best Regards, Bill Dial.jpg Movment.jpg [​IMG][/IMG]

2. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Mar 9, 2012

Well one of the reasons why it isn't working is because I can see there are screws lodged into the mainspring, which seem to correspond to the empty holes throughout the movement. I would get it repaired, it's a valuable watch and a desirable one as well with the 30T2RG movement.

3. trim Mar 9, 2012

Get a second opinion. Don't swap the movement.

It doesn't look too bad imo, most likely the watchmaker can't be bothered.

4. unlvbug Mar 9, 2012

Thanks for the responses. I was very surprised to see the screws in the mainspring like that.

5. ulackfocus Mar 9, 2012

That's a nice watch and as Kyle said very sought after by collectors of that era.

Bill, you should contact Jesse - member omega564. He's done fantastic work on my watches.

6. ulackfocus Mar 9, 2012

Oh, Kyle - dig the new avatar!