What sort of guarantee is included in service?

Hi all,
I had my vintage omega seamaster serviced around 2 years ago now.
Today the glass and the seconds arm just fell off during a walk in the forest so absolutely zero chance of finding them.
Should this have happened after such a recent service? Would it be considered appropriate to ask for free work but pay for the spare parts or similar if I go to the same person?
Thanks in advance for any input!
Julia

Kind of depends on who did the servicing. Anyone reputable should have clear warranty terms stated at time of service I would think.

Like 1
Guarantee will vary according to whatever your watchmaker or company agreed to at the time of servicing. Typically it is something like 12 months, but could be longer or shorter. There's no set standard.

If the crystal and hand fell off whilst you were being active(?) In the woods (not going there!)...and the service was 2 years ago. Sorry, it's tough luck. I would pay to have the watch repaired in full (parts and labour). It's not like it had just been serviced, a day or two ago, and this happened. There is a difference.

Like 5
I tend to agree with the previous statement - there's simply been too much time that has elapsed since the service work unless otherwise stipulated in a warranty statement. Best wishes anyhow.

Like 1
In world of vintage watches you give up such hope of extended warranty they are old and subject to failure. But they have other attractions of course. I would bring it back to the watchmaker without any warranty demands its possible they may do something for you anyway.

Like 1
After two years I don't think you should expect any special warranty treatment, lots can happen to a bezel in a couple of years. I think you have to chalk it up to bad luck. Unfortunately it may be difficult to source a replacemen bezel depending how old the watch is.

Like 1
While I agree with the other posters that you're unlikely to get any fix under warranty, I do question the quaility of the service that was provided. Crystals and hands do not typically just fall off two years out from a service. I have several Omegas that are 50-60 years old with the original crystal and hands and they run just fine. If the watch has been dropped, taken several hard hits (on a doorframe, for example), or has been subjected to abuse or unusually heavy wear -- well, that's different. If none of these things happened, I'd be thinking seriously about finding another watchmaker.

Two years would generally be long past the end of a warrantee for a vintage watch service. Moreover, I think that there is going to be some skepticism that the crystal and the sweep hand just spontaneously fell off at the same moment.

Two years would generally be long past the end of a warrantee for a vintage watch service. Moreover, I think that there is going to be some skepticism that the crystal and the sweep hand just spontaneously fell off at the same moment.
Dan, I offer no opinion on what happened -- if anything -- that caused the crystal and the hand to fall off. That being said, I don't think that a two year warranty on a service for a vintage watch is that unusual. That's what Omega service provides as does my independent watchmaker.

Like 1