Forums Latest Members

What should I pay for this Speedy Reduced?

1. Vintage Lemania May 10, 2017

Hi all, Ive been looking for a speedy Reduced from the 90s and came across this one on the Bay. I feel as though the list price is a bit high considering its condition and lack of original bracelet or box and papers..but I'm thinking about being it with a best offer. My question is: what is the most you would pay for this watch? Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/192168965626?ul_noapp=truePurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. Vintage Lemania May 10, 2017

Meant to say *buy

3. imagwai May 10, 2017

Bit difficult to tell from those pics, but wondering if the case has been polished as the edges on the case seem to have lost a bit of sharpness. With this in mind, the scratches on the crystal, significant ding on the bezel (which isn't mentioned in the description), the lack of box and papers, no service history, then I am thinking it's worth less than the asking price. But another big thing which will affect the value compared to other watches on the market is the lack of a bracelet!

I can't give you an up to date asking price as it's been a while since I was looking at these, and prices have risen. But I doubt it's worth much more than $1000. But then my advice would probably be to spend more and find one in better condition anyway.

4. R3D9 May 10, 2017

5. simon.pearl May 10, 2017

At the very least subtract the cost of a full service and a new bracelet from the asking price - sub $1,000 but I'd be more inclined to find a better example personally

6. Vintage Lemania May 10, 2017

Thats what I figured. I figured if I could get it for $1,000 tops or a bit lower, it would be worth cleaning up. The patina is nice(at least in the pics)

simon.pearl likes this.
  7. Vintage Lemania May 10, 2017

If I were to submit a best offer..which I may still do..for the heck of it..what is the highest I should go? Personally thinking $1,000 would be the cut off. What do you think? Thanks!

8. OhMegaMan May 10, 2017

That's about right, depending on condition. Just a few ago, I bought one for around 900, plus service around 600. So your cut off shld be no more than 1g for the one shown on ebay.