Forums Latest Members

What rubber strap for Omega 2500 PO XL

1. spearfish Apr 15, 2019

Hi Guys

I'm new to the forum. I have the above planet ocean on the s/s bracelet (The one on my wrist in my avatar). I fancy trying a rubber stop but don't want to take the plunge right away and spend £500 on the official Omega one with deployment clasp.

Are there any good, cheaper copies that would be recommended? for instance there are few on Amazon and eBay for about £20?! Not to bothered about it saying Omega on it but want a good quality one that fits the watch properly, looks good and isn't going to fall apart!

Many thanks.

2. steelfish Apr 15, 2019

Does it have to be a deployant? The Hirsch performance range has been spotted on a good few PO's and gets good reviews. It's more than £20 quid but way, way less than an Omega one. Won't fall apart and is WR to 300M.

A google image search brings up some great pics. I would hae had one myself but they all appear to come in L, and I want an M

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. Gasman Apr 15, 2019

I have bought rubber straps off eBay and not been disappointed. They are better quality than you think. For £20-25 you could buy one to try.
    I have a rubber B on a Rolex and a £25 one on my Seamaster and can’t tell the difference.
    I have just started looking on Etsy there is a massive selection and quick delivery.

4. spearfish Apr 15, 2019

Hi steel fish no it doesn't have to be deployant at all. Probably prefer a normal buckle anyway really. Those Hirsch ones look pretty nice. Worth a closer look..

5. spearfish Apr 15, 2019

Hi yes I was thinking of just buying one as £20 is not too bad if it;s no good. Are etsy ok then?

6. spearfish Apr 15, 2019

7. mgcurry Apr 16, 2019

Look at the Hirsch Performace Robby, very to what the OEM on some of the newer models... not cheap close to 100 USD but very nice . IMG_3285.JPG

Foo2rama, Gentle Ben and spearfish like this.
  8. spearfish Apr 16, 2019

Very tempted by one of those! I've ordered a cheapo rubber one for now.

9. spearfish Apr 16, 2019

Out of interest do you use your original omega spring bars or the ones that come with the Hirsch strap?

10. hbombkid Apr 16, 2019

Look on the forums and find a preowned deployment and then a preowned strap. Can find great deals.

11. spearfish Apr 17, 2019

What do you boys reckon? this is a £20 eBay special. Arrived two days after ordering from Spain.

IMG_E0145.JPG