Forums Latest Members

What is the worst you have done?

1. neilbardsley Thought about a Speedy, got a Speedy May 28, 2018

Mrs B made a once in 6 month visit to the London flat this week so I had to hide my watch box. The last time she came down she asked where the new (old) watches had come from! I used to train with a very good rider who bought a new bicycle and had it painted the same colour as his old bicycle so that his wife wouldn't notice. It worked! I'm sure I've heard on hear the expression that - I hope my partner doesn't sell my watches for what I said they cost!

Come on. What is the worst you have done?

2. michael22 May 28, 2018

No need. My wife knows I do what I want no matter what bitching she floats.
    I know she'll buy as many shoes as she pleases, & there's nothing I can do.

Starman71, nixf6, noelekal and 5 others like this.
  3. Tootalltim May 28, 2018

Certainly done this a lot with road bikes too!

Bought a new set of carbon wheels and blacked out all the logos with paint pen so they looked more like the old set. She never noticed.

In fact that whole bike has almost been entirely replaced one component at a time, and almost always while she’s at work

ahsposo and neilbardsley like this.
  4. bags1971 May 28, 2018

she must be related to my wife the amount of shoes get delivered from online shopping

michael22 likes this.
  5. Tony C. Ωf Jury member May 28, 2018

nixf6, michael22, Syrte and 1 other person like this.
  6. neilbardsley Thought about a Speedy, got a Speedy May 28, 2018

7. Professor May 28, 2018

If the subject is mis direction heres a true story you might appreciate.
    A friend had a crazy old dog that suffered brain damage from eating a poisonous lizard.
    The dog wouldn't hurt a fly but when the neighbor's wife was tending her flower bed he saw her bent over and proceeded to attempt to do the nasty. She freaked out and called the sheriff's office, not animal control.
    The sheriff showed up in person declaring he was there to shoot the dog. My friend told him he couldn't come in without a warrant.
    The sheriff left to get a warrant saying we better not try to hide or move the dog. I walked up to the crossroads to check and there were sheriff cars parked just down the road in each direction.
    Thinking quickly I laid out a plan. I took two of the kids and the baby sitter in my car. The kids were in the back seat with the baby sitter with her head down between them. The baby sitter's hair was exactly the same color as the dog's back.
    As we passed one sheriff car I told the baby sitter to raise her head a bit and the kids to act like they were holding the dog down on the seat.
    It worked like a charm. The car on that end followed and the second car came along as back up. When I pulled over the Sheriff jumped out and said "get that damned dog out of the car. The baby sitter said "hey I ain't pretty but I'm not a dog".
    In the rear view mirror I could see my friend turning down the road in the other direction with the dog looking goofy in the rear window. He got away clean.
    The sheriff was so red faced I thought he;d have a stroke, but there was nothing he could do about it. His deputies were laughing their sses off.

8. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF May 28, 2018

I used always buy red bikes. Got caught when I bought my first CF as it was clearcoat over the weave. I then had to plead it was my first new bike in 15 years and didn't I deserve it?

All my watches are bargains, BTW...

Paedipod, ulackfocus and gostang9 like this.
  9. w154 May 28, 2018

An old neighbor was a big Porsche fan and wanted the 911 Turbo S but his wife put her foot down and said it was ridiculously priced and that you could get 99% of the car for loads less with a Carrera 4S. I think in his head he agreed, and bought he bought a dark blue 4S. Well two months later he was kicking himself and secretly part-exchanged the 4S for a dark blue Turbo S. He had it for around 3 years and as far as I know managed to never mention it.

nixf6, GuiltyBoomerang and Finners like this.
  10. Finners May 28, 2018

Me? I don't ask her..... simple.

ulackfocus likes this.
  11. alam May 28, 2018

you want me to divulge here the worst I have done? really?

:)

281EA87B-B87E-4353-B559-D15649A6256F.gif
    Edited May 28, 2018
    ulackfocus, jmazpiazu, kkt and 2 others like this.
  12. Oku May 28, 2018

The worst? Obvious, isn't it? Registered here...

kkt likes this.
  13. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept May 28, 2018

Except that for 800 euros you get the shoe equivalent of a 40k watch.... and for an 150 euros pair of pumps or sandals or _____ (fill in the blanks) you get as much bang for your buck as with a 400 euro watch.

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  14. gostang9 May 28, 2018

The ‘best’ I have done is not post the ‘worst’ things online... ::psy::

Pjotr1 and alam like this.
  15. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe May 28, 2018

Three motorcycles, same make, model and colour... one in sport touring trim, one full boat cafe racer, one with a sidecar

One licence plate

I used to end up miles from home without a plate because I grabbed the wrong bike on the way out the door... never did get busted

And all three started on the same key!

Ah... the misspent days of youth!

16. kkt May 28, 2018

So it's better to blow a small fortune on 200 pairs of $500 shoes, instead of 30 watches averaging about $3000?

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  17. sevenhelmet May 28, 2018

"Is that a new watch?!?!" :cautious:

"Nope, just a new strap." :whistling:

"Huh. I like it!" :thumbsup:

18. jmazpiazu May 28, 2018

Hopefully she finds all my watches look the same, so she won´t notice new ones coming...

19. ulackfocus May 28, 2018

Buy vintage watches and the conversation is much more honest.

Wife: "Is that another new watch?!?!?!"

You: "No honey, this is an old watch."

You aren't lying either - if it's vintage, it's at least 20 or 30 years old. Semantics can work in your favor if you say it nonchalantly.

Voila!!!!

Paedipod likes this.
  20. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months May 28, 2018

After my third speedmaster, she lost interest.

Me: "look, I got another one!"

She: "looks the same as all the others."

Me: "you don't care, do you?"

She: "nope"

Me: (dejectedly) "you don't want to hear any any new ones I guess?". :(

She: "naw."

Me: (on the inside) "hehehehehheheh!"

rcs914 and Paedipod like this.