Forums Latest Members

What is the fastest Omega Service Center for warranty repair?

1. Doc Savage Jan 4, 2019

My fully wound Aqua Terra 8900 is powering down after only 30 hours or so. When I bought it two months ago, it was giving the full 60 hours, sometimes a bit more.

I'm wondering if some Service Centers are more backlogged than others. Any recommendations for warranty repair places with shorter waits (and fewer horror stories)?

2. lustrousaurus Jan 4, 2019

I think the recommendation is to send it to the Seattle location. New Jersey has some bad stories with their services. I had a complete service done on a few watches and it probably took a month and a half for each. Other watches were special situations where they had to wait for parts from Switzerland since the watches were so new.

Doc Savage likes this.
  3. ScubaPro Actually dives with dive watches!!! Jan 4, 2019

Let your AD handle it. It will take as long as it takes, depending on how busy they are when you send it in, what parts are needed, etc. These things can vary considerably and past experience is rarely indicative of the timeline of a specific repair.

Doc Savage likes this.
  4. gixxer47 Jan 6, 2019

ScubaPro says it best but I will add that warranty service is highest on the priority list at Omega service centers. Like ScubaPro said, just drop it with your local OB or AD and let them take care of it.

Doc Savage likes this.
  5. Doc Savage Jan 7, 2019

Thanks for the advice.

Unfortunately the closest AD is almost 4 hours away from me, so I'm going to have to ship it either way. I'd rather not introduce a middleman into the process and delay it further. I have heard a number of good things about the Seattle Service Center. Is it a general consensus that they are one of the top places for warranty work in the US?