Forums Latest Members
  1. pmonnier Nov 7, 2014

Hello All,
    Any idea what model/year this is and what it might be worth?
    Any additional info is welcome and appreciated!

Thanks in advance...

Omega01.jpg Omega02.jpg Omega03.jpg Omega04.jpg
  2. bill5959 Nov 7, 2014

Why do you ask? Regards. Bill

3. pmonnier Nov 7, 2014

Well, Bill, because I don't know...

ulackfocus likes this.
  4. marturx Nov 7, 2014

A ladies Omega late 60ies. 18K white gold, cal 620. Seems to be in excellent condition. Literally worth its weight in gold. Probably with a slight premium on that too

5. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Nov 7, 2014

Not much of a premium. I think I paid £10 for the last 620 movement I bought.

6. marturx Nov 7, 2014

Is that so? In that case I heavily overpaid the cal 620 movement I bought the other week. I had to cough up £20 for it :D

7. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Nov 8, 2014

That's inflation for you. Mine was about 12 months ago.

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 8, 2014

Really its worth its gold weight and that's pretty much it, nobody wears these as watches anymore as women's watches like this aren't worn by women anymore.

9. Waynepjr Nov 8, 2014

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh contrary to the minds of mear mortal man, my mother has worn her Omega daily since it was given to her in 1967. She has not worn another watch since. But yes, she is probably the ONLY woman on planet Earth that still does. She recently broke the clasp off and was devastated because she felt it was not repairable. I told her it was that we just had to find the right jeweler to do it correctly.
    The dial is a mess, but this gal has been through some wars I can tell you. Mom was thrown in the pool in a evening gown by then drunk husband at the Fountainbleu in Miami in 1971. Going to the Orange Bowl as the husband was a VP of Advertising for Minute Maid. Mom was fished out by Anita Bryant. Anyone old enough to remember her? Mom was wearing the watch! Husband did not last much longer!!!
    I would love to find a dial for this watch and have tried many times over the years but futile. 18k and probably all have been melted down. She still has inner and outer boxes, papers plus receipts from Bienne, Switzerland were it was purchased new. Only means something to her and me. :)

Wayne

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

10. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Nov 9, 2014

What you have got there is a fantastic family heirloom!

Waynepjr likes this.
  11. ulackfocus Nov 9, 2014

That's 18k gold so it can be repaired.

12. Waynepjr Nov 9, 2014

That is what I told her and have already found a good local jewelry to repair it. My mom has a permanent indentation in her wrist were this strap goes. So funny, not worn in over a month but the indentation is still just as crisp. LOL!!!

Wayne

Darlinboy and ron n like this.