Forums Latest Members

What exactly happened to my newly serviced PO2500d?

1. rahul718 Apr 2, 2017

About 2 months ago I sent my PO2500d to the NJ Swatch service center because it was running a bit slow over a 24 hour period. They recommended a partial service to adjust the time. No problem. I paid the $225 and received it back last month. It's been running fine ever since and has been the only watch I've been wearing, so I never let the power reserve die.

This morning the power reserve died after not wearing it for a few days. Upon picking it up to wind it, the damn thing just wouldn't start, even after 50+ winds. So I pulled the crown further out to position 3 and I tried to move the hands. The minute hand moved but then got stuck in a certain position, so I pushed the crown back in and that's when the seconds hand started to move.

I resumed winding it and the watch was clicking, indicating it was already fully winded. So what happened here? I plan on letting the power reserve die out again so that I can see if the same thing happens.

I'm beyond frustrated with the stupid NJ service center. This is the 2nd watch of mine they've messed up. Just last month I had to send my PO8500 BACK to them because they did warranty work last year and the watch just kept losing time. They chalked it up to the hairspring needing adjustment.

I'm seriously fed up with this facility. Now I see that there's a lot of truth to the bad rap this place gets.

Regarding the po2500d, is this similar to the stoppage issues associated with the 2500c? Any chance this was a one off occurrence and won't happen again?

Thanks in advance

Edited Apr 2, 2017
  2. mikekilo725 Apr 2, 2017

Fingers crossed. I sent my Speedy reduced in for a full service and after 8 weeks got it back only to turn around and send it back I. Because there was a nasty rattle which the diagnosed as a screw being loose....I was thinking the same thing about myself about sending it back to them, but they got it right the second time

3. Sculler22 Apr 2, 2017

This does not do the brand a lot of good in the marketplace.

4. rahul718 Apr 3, 2017

Can anyone offer a technical explanation of what might have happened and if it's something that's likely to happen again?

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 3, 2017

No - the design flaw in the 2 level escapement is eliminated in the 3 level, so whatever the issue is, it's not related to that.

6. rahul718 Apr 3, 2017

Thanks. Do you have any guesses as to what the issue could be? If it doesn't happen again would it still be a good idea to send it back, making note of that occurrence?