What does red warranty card mean?

Hello, I just purchased my first Omega and finally added a Moonwatch to my collection! Very excited!

I am also a new user here and first-time poster.

The eBay seller says it is a May 2024 model and comes with everything. And of course, it will go through eBay Authentication. The seller also has 100% positive feedback. I'm not concerned that what I get will be a new, authentic watch.

But a previous buyer wrote this in their feedback "Per Omega don't know if Red warranty card will work? Chinese dealer?" The seller is in California, not China. But what is the significance of receiving a red warranty card? And why wouldn't Omega be able to provide a clear answer about this? One of the photos shows three plastic cards that are all red. They are labelled International Warranty, Master Chronometer and Pictograms.

What is my warranty situation in case I have any issues? What color should the card be?

Side note - I really struggled with the decision between sapphire and hesalite. I ended up getting hesalite for two reasons. One is something I think I read here, "If it's not hesalite it's not a Moonwtach," and that rings true for me. Also, when I saw the sapphire caseback at a OB I noticed that "The first watch worn on the moon" is nearly illegible on the sapphire caseback. And IMO that heritage is the whole point of owning a Moonwatch and I want to see that clearly. If sapphire crystal with the full metal caseback was an option, I may have gotten that combo. I do wish I could get the bracelet that comes with the sapphire watch with this model without spending another $800+ just to buy the bracelet.

Also, FYI if you are in the market for any watch, check your eBay messages. I had a coupon for 10% off any watch up to $500. That is quite a deal, I found the best price I could and then eBay knocked $500 off. My coupon expiration date was 7/31 or 8/1. Mrrebates is also giving 1% cashback at eBay so that made it $550 off the price. There was no better time to pull the trigger.

Hello, I just purchased my first Omega and finally added a Moonwatch to my collection! Very excited!

I am also a new user here and first-time poster.

The eBay seller says it is a May 2024 model and comes with everything. And of course, it will go through eBay Authentication. The seller also has 100% positive feedback. I'm not concerned that what I get will be a new, authentic watch.

But a previous buyer wrote this in their feedback "Per Omega don't know if Red warranty card will work? Chinese dealer?" The seller is in California, not China. But what is the significance of receiving a red warranty card? And why wouldn't Omega be able to provide a clear answer about this? One of the photos shows three plastic cards that are all red. They are labelled International Warranty, Master Chronometer and Pictograms.

What is my warranty situation in case I have any issues? What color should the card be?

Side note - I really struggled with the decision between sapphire and hesalite. I ended up getting hesalite for two reasons. One is something I think I read here, "If it's not hesalite it's not a Moonwtach," and that rings true for me. Also, when I saw the sapphire caseback at a OB I noticed that "The first watch worn on the moon" is nearly illegible on the sapphire caseback. And IMO that heritage is the whole point of owning a Moonwatch and I want to see that clearly. If sapphire crystal with the full metal caseback was an option, I may have gotten that combo. I do wish I could get the bracelet that comes with the sapphire watch with this model without spending another $800+ just to buy the bracelet.

Also, FYI if you are in the market for any watch, check your eBay messages. I had a coupon for 10% off any watch up to $500. That is quite a deal, I found the best price I could and then eBay knocked $500 off. My coupon expiration date was 7/31 or 8/1. Mrrebates is also giving 1% cashback at eBay so that made it $550 off the price. There was no better time to pull the trigger.

You already bought the watch or are looking at buying another watch on ebay?

What was the coupon code if you can share?

You already bought the watch or are looking at buying another watch on ebay?

What was the coupon code if you can share?

A lot of the eBay coupon codes are account specific these days (as far as I am aware).

As far as the warranty card is concerned, not sure what the warranty card in the listing looks like but my Washington State purchased Omega from 2023 had a red warranty card. Pretty sure my slightly older Speedy was the same case.

1000015482.jpg

Like 1
Good advice on the eBay coupon codes. Last year I picked up my two month (!) old cal 3861 Hesalite Speedy at a nice price, then got another 10% off with an eBay coupon. I’m pretty sure I could still sell it for at least what I paid for it.

FWIW, those look like the same three red cards that I have. And my watch was originally sold by an authorized dealer in the US.

If it wasn't clear, I already bought the watch. But in a review of this seller, by another buyer, for a different watch, they said "Per Omega don't know if Red warranty card will work?" At first, maybe because Red was capitalized, I thought that the issue was that the warranty card was red rather than some other expected color. But reading it again, it seems the concern wasn't the color, but whatever info was on the card which was conveyed to Omega?

Since the seller specified this is a May 2024 watch, I assume something in the package says that. If I have the warranty card and whatever documentation shipped with the watch, could I run into any issues if I ever need warranty service?

As for the eBay coupon, the coupon code I received was definitely account specific and one-time use. So I can't share it, but if you check your eBay inbox, the subject was: Your 10% off watches coupon is right on time. It expires on 8/1. I just read the terms and learned that the watch has to be at least $2,000 and listed in the Luxury Watches category. No Moonswatches will qualify ;) Ebay applies the coupon at checkout so you'll see the total discounted and there's no question about whether you'll got it or not. One thing I will point out is that I almost didn't get it! The eBay message has a "save now" button which I clicked. Then every qualifying watch I looked at showed the original price and the discounted price. BUT when you check out, it doesn't automatically apply the coupon! I assumed it did, and almost checked out without the discount. At checkout, you still have to manually enter the coupon code even though eBay knows you have it in your account.

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Red cards are standard for omega regardless of which country the watch was sold in. Provided the warranty was correctly registered AND it was originally sold via an AD then the warranty applies globally. Never had an issue with any Omega I've owned in them accepting warranty work within the warranty period.

Like 2
Since the seller specified this is a May 2024 watch, I assume something in the package says that. If I have the warranty card and whatever documentation shipped with the watch, could I run into any issues if I ever need warranty service?
So long as you have all 3 cards, and the serial matches; no, you shouldn't run into any issues.

Like 1