Forums Latest Members
  1. Jpsub Dec 1, 2017

Hi all,

I wanted to see what y'all think about this 105.003-65? Dial is in reasonable condition and hands appear original as well. The polishing and finish on the lugs seems off to me but would like to know what y'all think? The seller has asked me to make an offer, so... Trying to decide how I feel on it. For the right price might not be bad. Look forward to hearing critiques and feedback!
    James

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Vercingetorix likes this.
  2. Davidt Dec 1, 2017

Pretty much the definition of a 'running' watch in my opinion.

Who's the seller? If he's a dealer ask him for a price. That's his job.
    If it's a private individual he has an uncommonly good selection of watch/jewellery tools/stands to hand.

Baz9614 and propervinyl like this.
  3. Davidt Dec 1, 2017

Guessing this is from a jeweller or watch dealer who doesn't usually do vintage watches?
    I think it was likely reasonably unpolished until they got their hands on it and gave it a polish prior to taking photos.

4. Jpsub Dec 1, 2017

Yes it is a dealer, not sure his familiarity on vintage but does appear someone has done something to it. Agree much easier to have w starting price but I guess it just opens the low ball door for me...

5. Cozzie Dec 1, 2017

It looks like the dial is correct, it has the narrow spaced T’s, and from what I can tell (not a very good pic) the serial on the movement places it in the appropriate range. The bezel is the correct DON and is in decent shape. Unfortunately, someone decided to polish the crap out of the case but it is usually hard to find a straight lug that hasn’t been polished. I am not a big fan of the algae colored lume, I don’t find it very attractive. I would not buy this watch unless it could be had for a bargain. This ref seems to be fairly plentiful and there are much better examples out there.

6. Davidt Dec 1, 2017

The lugs arent as bad as they first appear and everything is 'correct' but no aspect of it could be considered 'good'.

7. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Dec 1, 2017

The DON bezel is by far the most attractive part of this match in my opinion. The dial lume is a big negative, and the case isn't that far behind. It would need to be a good bargain, as for me the main value is in the DON and movement.

8. Jpsub Dec 1, 2017

What value you consider a bargain? 6000?

9. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Dec 1, 2017

Case doesn't look THAT bad...

Don't like the dirty lume.

10. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Dec 1, 2017

Probably would go as much as $7,500, although I am sure there are others out there who would be willing to pay more.

For me I do not think I would be happy with it for the long-term, so I would have very little desire to pay 'market rate' for it.

11. habrisbane Dec 1, 2017

Start from $4500☺

12. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Dec 1, 2017

Makes more sense for the seller to start an eBay auction at $4500 and avoid the above bottom feeders. :D

wsfarrell, Baz9614 and STANDY like this.
  13. Dgercp Dec 1, 2017

For someone who has to have an Ed White but who just doesn't have the funds for a decent one, I would suggest to bypass this and save up some more. If you can get it for parts value and need the parts, then it makes sense.
    Otherwise , this should be a big PASS. There is no "music" in this watch..

Ok, rant over :)

14. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Dec 1, 2017

low.
    ball..
    him...

propervinyl likes this.
  15. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Dec 1, 2017

Tough crowd. Honest Ed White, all original perhaps but the original lume isn’t pretty enough.
    Perhaps consider a Speedy Tuesday instead.

16. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Dec 1, 2017

True it is polished however

17. EdtheAussie Dec 1, 2017

If you don't go for it @Jpsub I'd be willing to low ball :p

18. Mr Blond Dec 2, 2017

It looks good to me, yes the lume colour isn’t the most desirable, but at least it hasn’t been relumed. It’s just the finish on the case which is the only downside which can be sorted out from a decent watchmaker.

19. MaiLollo Dec 2, 2017

If he'll take small money for it & you don't want it, PM me the details :)

20. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Dec 2, 2017

ditto...

see how hungry he is