Forums Latest Members
  1. wkimmd Jul 12, 2017

2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jul 12, 2017

It is a lot of money, but par for this dealer who prices speedmasters a little ahead of the market. (All photos from listing)

2-45671.jpg
    I think the dial and lume are original - even though they look really perfect - I look also at the bezel which is extremely good so the watch has not had a hard life.

1-45671move.jpg

The movement is a little concerning - it has just been serviced but it does look a little dirty to me. The number bridge has discolouring not seen on the other bridges and the clutch bridge looks dirty as do some of the screws. These last few concerns are minor, i think, but when a watch is being offered at this money we can ask what we like.

At this money I would buy only subject to an extract.

3. abrod520 Jul 12, 2017

The cost basis is reduced somewhat due to the bracelet (assuming it's full length, or just 1 or 2 stretch links short)

Assuming concerns about the movement are satisfied, it's only slightly overpriced in the current market.

wkimmd likes this.
  4. Igora Jul 12, 2017

pushers are not correct!
    they look too small!

wkimmd, Cad290 and Pahawi like this.
  5. td69 Jul 12, 2017

There are missing fixed links on the bracelet, which IMO is a bigger deal than missing the elastic links. Not sure there are some touch-ups on the bezel, especially at "70". Pushers are too small and I'd hope to see the vintage flat-foot crown.

wkimmd likes this.
  6. Sharp Jul 12, 2017

Watch looks nice at first glance then you see when brightening up the image they have re-touched all the chips in the bezel with black pen or paint

Next you see they have heavily overpainted the hands, looks like they did they two sub-dial hands whilst attached the watch, the edges of the central chronograph and hour hand are so gloopy - it would annoy me endlessly

Its exactly the sort of cosmetically enhanced watch I would suggest someone avoid, though as others have pointed out the price is not completely outrageous :thumbsdown:

wkimmd and Spacefruit like this.
  7. WurstEver Jul 12, 2017

wkimmd and eugeneandresson like this.
  8. wkimmd Jul 13, 2017

It is. I asked them about it, and the response I got was that they sometime allow their friends at Craft & Tailored to list their watches. I've seen now a number of watches listed on wannabuyawatch that is then also listed by Craft & Tailored; except they usually add a few hundred bucks for additional margin. Not sure how I feel about this practice.

WurstEver likes this.
  9. Nathan1967 Jul 13, 2017

No biggy, but looks like a 2x cracks in the Hesalite around 1-2.

wkimmd likes this.
  10. cagkut Jul 13, 2017

It will probably sell for/around 8500, which is very normal for a watch in this -very nice- condition from a dealer.

wkimmd likes this.