What do you do with your modern Speedy?

Hello all!

Newish member here, just bought a Speedy Hesalite a few days ago. Not going to wear it until my birthday in November though!

Anyway, this is my first mechanical chronograph.

My usual daily wear watch is a Rolex 116234, a modern DJ36, but the previous version.

I have worn that watch hiking, swimming, landscaping (playing with dirt and shovels to make my backyard nice), working on my car, going for a 30 minute jog, shooting, and to the driving range.

Obviously, I don't think I should wear my speedy swimming, but should I be concerned about dirt getting into the case via the chrono pushers? In case I decide to go off roading with it?

Do you guys think I can wear the speedy for everything I did with the datejust, minus the swimming??

Yes, you can. There are people who wear it during swimming too. It's 50 m waterproof that's enough for casual swimming.
I wear it in all such situations where my wrist is safe.

Why not swimming, astronauts wore it in the pool doing gravity simulation.

It's 50m water resistant.

Wear mine doing everything you do above, fishing, camping. I even have it on playing beach volleyball most days when I forget to throw the Luminox on and never had sand under the pushers.

Just remember it's better than a Rolex in NASAs eyes.......
Edited:

Better than Wittnauer too. 👍

Yes, you can. There are people who wear it during swimming too. It's 50 m waterproof that's enough for casual swimming.
I wear it in all such situations where my wrist is safe.
Awesome!

Just curios

thanks 👍

It's 50m water resistant.

Wear mine doing everything you do above, fishing, camping. I even have it on playing beach volleyball most days when I forget to throw the Luminox on and never had sand under the pushers.

Awesome

thanks!

I had no idea they did that. I see people say all the time it had to be water resistant to some degree incase they came down into the ocean with it on but I never knew they actually wore them in pools training for the missions. If a 60's Speedy can survive water than a 2020 one definitely can too.

I wear mine doing everything including daily manual labour and fitting shelving units and stuff/warehouse work. I just remove it if I'm using a saw/chainsaw because I think the vibrations can mess up mechanical watches so I switch to a G-Shock. It's covered in absolutely loads of tiny micro scratches as well as a few hairline ones up to half an inch in size but I like it like that. They can all polish out quickly too because it's hesalite.

I don't swim with it, but only because I can't swim...which is why I sold my Seamaster to buy a Speedy in the first place which I don't regret. The closest mine has really come to water is the frozen kind.
Edited:

I can't swim...which is why I sold my Seamaster
I hope it is not the real reason: I cannot fly to the Moon but it would not prevent me to have a Speedy 😀

It’s one of the toughest watches available both on - and off - this planet, but I do not wear mine swimming. I’ve got a Seamaster Professional for that! 😀
Edited:

You can swim with it too. Just don’t operate the chronograph underwater

Timing steaks, timing how long my wife is in line at Nordstrom doing “returns”, timing how many coffees per hour I can drink using the tachymetre bezel (about 120).

Do you guys think I can wear the speedy for everything I did with the datejust, minus the swimming??
You certainly can, but like all watches not made out of vibranium, you'll see wear and tear on the case. Some people don't care, but given the price point I prefer to wear something cheaper if it's going to get banged around.

I had no idea they did that. I see people say all the time it had to be water resistant to some degree incase they came down into the ocean with it on but I never knew they actually wore them in pools training for the missions. If a 60's Speedy can survive water than a 2020 one definitely can too.

I wear mine doing everything including daily manual labour and fitting shelving units and stuff/warehouse work. I just remove it if I'm using a saw/chainsaw because I think the vibrations can mess up mechanical watches so I switch to a G-Shock. It's covered in absolutely loads of tiny micro scratches as well as a few hairline ones up to half an inch in size but I like it like that. They can all polish out quickly too because it's hesalite.

I don't swim with it, but only because I can't swim...which is why I sold my Seamaster to buy a Speedy in the first place which I don't regret. The closest mine has really come to water is the frozen kind.
Nice picture and thanks for sharing!

It’s one of the toughest watches available both on - and off - this planet, but I do not wear mine swimming. I’ve got a Seamaster Professional for that! 😀
Nice!

You know, I’ve seen a handful of Rolex submariners out in the wild.

Omega Seamaster Pro?

I’ve only seen two in the wild so far!

The bracelet is what gives it away when viewing from afar 👍

Nice!

You know, I’ve seen a handful of Rolex submariners out in the wild.

Omega Seamaster Pro?

I’ve only seen two in the wild so far!

The bracelet is what gives it away when viewing from afar 👍
Better looking than the Submariner in my opinion, but I’m not exactly objective. 😁

Pretty much everything except for water sports for which I have more appropriate pieces
have fun
kfw

Timing steaks, timing how long my wife is in line at Nordstrom doing “returns”, timing how many coffees per hour I can drink using the tachymetre bezel (about 120).
120 coffees per hour?!? You must be quite jittery 😉

Better looking than the Submariner in my opinion, but I’m not exactly objective. 😁
Neither of them is PERFECT in my eyes, but both are very nice watches!