What do we think this latest Omega teaser relates to?

Cross-referencing this post and a quote from the Esquire article it links to:
https://omegaforums.net/threads/intetesting-article-from-esquire-popped-up.154305/

All of which leaves one obvious question. How does Omega follow 2022?

“I should not tell you,” Aeschlimann [CEO] says. “But already, by the end of January, we will have a new state-of-the-art watch which will have a very big value for the watch industry. We’ll come with a new innovation. Because it’s part of us. We make products that make people smile.”

If it's not related to the expired patent on the silicon hairspring, I wonder if maybe they've got some newer improvement ready so they can patent that now.

The comment about value is interesting too, thought I doubt it's got anything to do with lowering prices.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/intetesting-article-from-esquire-popped-up.154305/

“I should not tell you,” Aeschlimann [CEO] says. “But already, by the end of January, we will have a new state-of-the-art watch which will have a very big value for the watch industry. We’ll come with a new innovation. Because it’s part of us. We make products that make people smile.”

Good catch on connecting the dots! Somehow "State of the Art" and "Speedmaster" don't seem to match up for me, but we'll find out in a month's time...

:thumbsdown:
Omega's 175th anniversary time piece will not be a Speedmaster I suppose ?!

I think they have major disruptive plans over the next few years. I want them to continue to push the button on innovation. Another big year is required in 2023 to follow up on 2022 progress. I’m hoping it is more than the hairspring. You can’t announce ‘massive difference’ and then announce that. Not cool… unless by massive difference they mean a much larger reserve? Although needed in a self winding?

I wonder if this is related to an automatic?

Perhaps it is a watch water resistent to 12,000 meters

NFC chip to make payments. similar to SwatchPAY. Also, it can be something similar to the Apple AirTag to find objects, integrated into the watch, and thus know where it is in case of theft.
Can you imagine?

I think it’s not another limited edition thing. I believe that it’s a new hairspring. That could bring a lot of new features such as higher temperature and magnetism durability and a larger power reserve. It can be a major step forward with its calibers.

I believe Swatch Group has already decided to make Longines and Omega more premium. Well I think they deserve that update with their great history and recognition. Both brands are selling very good, bringing better quality pieces than their price range. I think this change will be kinda new Si14 update and will be on every new calibres starting from Speedmaster calibres. It also shows that Speedmaster is officially the flagship series for Omega. The only negative thing will be I fear that a new price update.

How generous of them to now show two notches at the end of the spring...

I don't think this new detail is significant...this is a Longines balance with their balance spring from silicon and it looks the same at the stud end..

Silicon balance spring Longines.jpg

Great knowledge! It does…Hoping for more!

I don't think this new detail is significant...this is a Longines balance with their balance spring from silicon and it looks the same at the stud end..

Silicon balance spring Longines.jpg
Amazing, I was talking to a glass blower friend at the Dickens fair about replicating one of the glass balance springs. Usually though they were helical. I have the Maskeylene drawing reprins of H4. My mentor John was really into chronometers. So I got copies of the books myself after the symposium. Oh the dreams of youth. That I could Cad/Cam produce one of these.

Silicon di-oxide is of course window glass. Pure silicon is fryable and breaks up into dust easy like a potato chip (crisp). Why chips are encased in ceramic/plastic packages. I attempted to make some earrings once from chip wafers. They broke apart. One would have to encapsulate the wafer.

Guess I was 25 to 30 years early.

What would really impress me, would be a program for replicating vintage parts and flood the market with balance completes for vintage watches with properly timed and vibrated hairsprings.

Or a micro robot, that can untangle a hairspring and pin the collet and stud.

The more I think about this the more I feel like it's going to be either:

1. The 3861 dropped into a 39mm case (keep dreamin' bro)

or...

2. The 321 with master chronometer certification ~ amagnetic, etc - brought up to current Omega specs for movements.

Third photo of the same spring… will they keep up this until the 26th? I have a feeling the news will be underwhelming in the Grand scheme of things